Bare Composites

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lostrainbow

by lostrainbow

It has been a month now. Curious if Ruliana has any update?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ruliana

by Ruliana

lostrainbow wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:38 pm
The credit card company ruled in my favor and I received a full refund. Zack appealed but the cc company sided with me on the appeal and my credit stands. I was willing to try and work with this guy until it was apparent he wasn’t willing to work at all with me.

lostrainbow

by lostrainbow

Ruliana wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:05 pm
lostrainbow wrote:
The credit card company ruled in my favor and I received a full refund. Zack appealed but the cc company sided with me on the appeal and my credit stands. I was willing to try and work with this guy until it was apparent he wasn’t willing to work at all with me.
Awesome to hear that. Always pay with credit card or paypal or with some sort of purchase protection. A lesson learned

Ruliana

by Ruliana

lostrainbow wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:41 pm
Ruliana wrote:
lostrainbow wrote:
Awesome to hear that. Always pay with credit card or paypal or with some sort of purchase protection. A lesson learned
I’ve now had two other total strangers contact me saying they’ve had similar issues with Zach and Bare. The second person told me that Zach offered to replace just the rim as he did with me. I learned my lesson but it seems that Zack and Bare are sticking to their business model. I’ll be floored if this guy is in business 6 months from now.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Very much appreciate the disclosures here. But too bad you guys had to suffer through that.

refthimos

by refthimos

ZackM wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:59 am
Hi Everyone,

My name is Zack, and I'm the founder of Bare Composites.

[...]

If you have any questions about our brand you can email me directly and please connect with me on Instagram.

Savage@barecomposites.com

https://www.instagram.com/_zackmorris/

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Zack Morris
How has this thread been going for several months now and no one has commented on whether 'Zack Morris' is his real name or not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zack_Morris
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Ruliana

by Ruliana

Ruliana wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:43 pm
lostrainbow wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:41 pm
Ruliana wrote:
lostrainbow wrote:
I’ve now had two other total strangers contact me saying they’ve had similar issues with Zach and Bare. The second person told me that Zach offered to replace just the rim as he did with me. I learned my lesson but it seems that Zack and Bare are sticking to their business model. I’ll be floored if this guy is in business 6 months from now.
Here is another review left on Bare’s fb page...

“I bought some PRE SALE 1-50 × 1
5.8 With Ceramic Bearing Upgrade from Bare Composite on Sep 15, 2017 finally got them in hand on march 9th 2018 on July 12th 2018 coming down a hill applying breaks the carbon blew apart on the back wheel and the front wheel had a swelled up place like it was about to blow up also I had a bike shop look at them and they have sent them photos after photos and wrote letters like they ask and still no replacement for them customer service is bad I for got they do have a 3 year warranty on wheels it has been almost 3 months with no wheels”

Story sounds familiar. How this company is still in business I have no idea.