Zonda's still the golden standard for alu wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AJS914

by AJS914

This is the risk of mail order. I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the UK over the last couple of decades. I've never had a single return. I'm so far ahead that I'll take the risk.

Of course, you could have your LBS order a set of Zondas and probably pay $500 or more in the US.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WinterRider

by WinterRider

AJS914 wrote:This is the risk of mail order. I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the UK over the last couple of decades. I've never had a single return. I'm so far ahead that I'll take the risk.

Of course, you could have your LBS order a set of Zondas and probably pay $500 or more in the US.

Try well over 6 bills.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Well.. I was set to plop for a set of Zonda's. Looked at the weight vs the alloy set I built-- which is serving well. .67 lb.. as in pounds more for the Campie wheels.

Think not.. and despite the appearance ( I think ) of a tubeless compatible rim profile per mounting.. they do not say this. Believe last yrs model Zonda same profile pitched t compatible... (?).

bremerradkurier

by bremerradkurier

WinterRider wrote:
AJS914 wrote:This is the risk of mail order. I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the UK over the last couple of decades. I've never had a single return. I'm so far ahead that I'll take the risk.

Try well over 6 bills.

Your LBS's price from Campy's US "wholesaler" is likely higher than the UK websites' retail price with free shipping up to door.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

bremerradkurier wrote:
WinterRider wrote:

Try well over 6 bills.

Your LBS's price from Campy's US "wholesaler" is likely higher than the UK websites' retail price with free shipping up to door.

PBK got best prices and ship worldwide for free https://m.probikekit.com/bicycle-wheels ... 49819.html
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

F45

by F45

Lucky. I ordered a 5800 groupset from Ribble and it looked like a kid attacked it with a sharp rock. And they sent me the wrong color crankset. It was like they had a box labelled "damaged or orphaned 5800 parts" on the shelf and some noob slapped a label with my address on it.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Campie 2 way fit system ... trying this morn to sort out the marketing muck. If not mistaken the '16 model Zonda was stated 2 way .. the '17 set not. Appears to me the internal profile of the rims the same. :noidea:

Sorting thru the listings of Campie rims again when one finds the set designated 2 way the internal profile appears same as lower valued set below... WTF.. ? What .. am I missing? Marketing to get more coins if one chooses tubeless?

Viewed the rim assembly tuber ... spokes used some composite material? Appears spokes same all wheel sets?

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Just ordered a set from PBK for $341 after the discount. Amazing. I was planning to relace some 240s hubs with the new Open Pro, but it's not worth the effort. Just plug and play for the coming CX season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk