Quality wheel builder in Europe

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jever98

by jever98

Apologies if this has been discussed at nauseam, unfortunately it's one of those topics where the search function ignores key words and I can't find anything:

I'm looking for a good wheel builder to build a road disc wheel set. Thinking about:
Rims: Venn 35mm TCD @395g (http://www.venn-cycling.com/index.php/r ... nnrev35tcd)
Hubs: Carbon Ti X-Hub SP Disc front and rear (24 / 24), straight pull
DT Swiss Aerolite
Alloy nipples, washers

Should make for ~1300g wheelset.

I can source the rims and hubs, but need a high quality builder to build them up for me. I'm located in Europe. I am only aware of Light Wolf in Germany, I guess there must be other good ones, too.

Thanks in advance for tips,
Jever
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

havana

by havana

Location?

I know a few good ones in The Netherlands, most of them work by mail too...
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

jever98

by jever98

I'm in Switzerland but flexible with regards to the builder's location, as long as the quality is there.

Thanks!
----

havana

by havana

http://www.maatwielen.nl/
http://www.forcewheelz.nl/
https://www.bikexperto.com/ (aka Zoran)

Supplying your own material is usually not a problem. Just contact them by email. Like most Dutchies, they speak English.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

jever98

by jever98

Super, thanks! Would you recommend one over the others?
----

DvanW

by DvanW

All are good but Zoran would be my first choice.

Marin

by Marin

Thomas @ German Lightness is very good and carries the Venn rims iirc

iamraymond

by iamraymond

jever98 wrote:I'm in Switzerland but flexible with regards to the builder's location, as long as the quality is there.

Thanks!

I've never ordered from this guy, but he seems to be pretty passionate about wheel building and he's located in Vevey, Switzerland.

blackcatwheels.blogspot.com

His name is Tomaz

Multebear

by Multebear

jever98 wrote:
I'm looking for a good wheel builder to build a road disc wheel set.

Wheelbuilding is not rocket science. You don't need to plow through all of Europe to find a good wheel builder. Every bigger city would have dozens.

I build my own wheels, and have done so for some years now. I'm not an expert. But my wheels are stiff, true and I don't brake spokes. I have build both alloy and carbon wheels. Bot no disc wheels yet. But that's not harder than building a rear wheel. I don't have any special talent for craftsmanship or artisan work. I have a deskjob. My point is, it would be like sending your italian car to italy for regular maintenance.

If you're from Switzerland I'm fairly certain there are several in Bern, Geneva or Zürich. Totally overkill to try to find one outside your country.

You clearly already have a shortlist of parts for your wheels, now just go find a local wheel builder and discuss finishing options with him.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

And i happen to be a carbon ti importer. I second your choice of hubs. Multebear is right wheel building is not difficult.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com