"Ebay special" brake pads for carbon rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kurets

by Kurets

Does anyone have experience with the dirt cheap cork or blue brakepads that you can find on Ebay? I'm thinking it should be the same that is supplied with far east carbon wheels, and those get semi decent reviews from what I recall.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Asteroid

by Asteroid

I bought both Jagwire Pro S salmon-colored pads ($15 set of 4 delivered) and their blue pads (about twice the cost) on eBay, shipped from within the USA.
Both versions stop very well on my Bora Ultra's. Not caught out in wet weather, yet, so cannot offer my opinion there.
Sticking with the salmons right now and watching closely for unusual wear on surfaces.
Also bought two pairs of Gatorbrake shoes for about $16 delivered. Makes it easier to swap wheels.
Oldbie

Marin

by Marin

I'm using wiggle Lifeline carbon pads on 3 bikes, they look, smell and brake like Reynolds pads and are really dirt cheap.

Kurets

by Kurets

Last time I checked the Lifeline ones were out of stock. But I see now that thry are back, with the price being the same as the unknown Ebay variants, I think these should be a better choice.

Bcoxa

by Bcoxa

Been using the life line pads on one set of wheels for a number year's now, very happy