CONTINENTAL COMPETITION PRO LTD TUBS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

sawyer wrote:Hi - as covered in one of the other threads, you're right that the "dotted" tread Pro LTD is just the standard Conti Comp plus a latex inner, but the "ALX" Pro LTD is TT specific and has a smooth tread. It's a completely different tyre, and it's wildly fast

Sure? This one is labelled ALX but totally dotty.

sawyer

by sawyer

wingguy wrote:
sawyer wrote:Hi - as covered in one of the other threads, you're right that the "dotted" tread Pro LTD is just the standard Conti Comp plus a latex inner, but the "ALX" Pro LTD is TT specific and has a smooth tread. It's a completely different tyre, and it's wildly fast

Sure? This one is labelled ALX but totally dotty.

I've got quite a few of these tubs ... it's always possible there are multiple variants, but the picture you posted is consistent with the dotted tread on the shoulder and smooth tread down the centre that I have on my ALXs - if you search back on the previous threads you'll see ultguy posted a picture of this IIRC

The other variant I've had has dotted tread all over... exactly the same as normal Conti Comp

And my post wasn't clear I know!
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

Someone is selling a pair on eBay, not cheap mind....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Continental-C ... Swrf1ZaQfD

ntb1001

by ntb1001

I have used continental tubs for years...really good for the money, I can only imagine the pro versions are better

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

p3dalfaster wrote:Someone is selling a pair on eBay, not cheap mind....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Continental-C ... Swrf1ZaQfD

Feck me, £167 with two days still to go. :shock: Someone REALLY wants those.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Maybe somebody is not aware that for this price one can get three Veloflex tubs (?)

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I bought them and I'm quite familiar with the cost of tubular tires online. The goal wasn't to get the best deal and the price I paid equals what Competitions go for in NA.

C36

by C36

Saw the pair at 100€ (+shipping) on Troc-vélo a month or so ago... we have to be realistic. Those tubulars are just to the level of other option that came with the latex tube as std. they don’t come with a super special compound that suddenly lower their rolling resistance.
Now of someone is desperate to try them, no problem...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

The reason they aren’t on general sale is simple. Conti don’t have a latex tube so they buy in tubes from an outside source. One of the conditions of sale is that they not resell the resulting product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petromyzon

by petromyzon

It's a real shame. While I much prefer the ride of more traditional-feeling tubs i think all the roller testing done on market leading clinchers seems to suggest that having the most technically advanced rubber compound is the most important thing for speed. No point, however, in buying consumer Conti/Schwalbe and then giving up 4-5W because you have to ride butyl:(

Priit

by Priit

petromyzon wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm
It's a real shame. While I much prefer the ride of more traditional-feeling tubs i think all the roller testing done on market leading clinchers seems to suggest that having the most technically advanced rubber compound is the most important thing for speed. No point, however, in buying consumer Conti/Schwalbe and then giving up 4-5W because you have to ride butyl:(
Alas, that's true. And unfortunately for Conti, new Vittoria G+ Isotech compound is on the same level with Continental's Black Chili or maybe even better.