Campagnolo Bora vs Corima vs Mavic vs Zipp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Thanks guys! I just ordered the Bora Ultra 50 TUBULARS. I love the look of the Corimas, and what you all say here confirms what I've read elsewhere that they are indeed great wheels. But I'm on a bit of a budget and couldn't justify the extra 1k+. Maybe in a year or two, as a second set of wheels. Also, I found a great deal on the Boras--big sales must be to make way for the new version with AC3. (I ordered the current/pre-July 2017 version.)

The consensus on tubulars seems to be that once you go tubular you don't go back. It also seems that with carbon wheels they are in fact the 'safer' option, including everything from braking (better heat tolerance) to flatting (worst case scenario, God forbid: riding on a low/flat tubular is better than same scenario in clincher). I'd also like to thank @cyclespeed who has a nice video on 5 of the benefits of tubulars.

Finally, a confession: a shallower 35 size is probably better suited to my area/terrain, but I've always wanted to try the deeper, 'all-around' mid-section rims, especially since I ride alone a lot. I'm curious to see if it will help me increase my speed on the flats.

ericmoss

by ericmoss

How did the Bora Ultra 50s work out?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com