Etched Mavic CCU Wheels near valve hole.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Are you guys familiair with this :

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of almost brand new Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate wheels. And something noticed me when I was changing tubular tires.

Both front and rear wheel are etched - front with TDF711 and the rear with SSC12. Both wheels have no signs of braking and rim surface is like new. The set is slightly heavier than the Mavic site advertise with : 675 for the rear and 540 for the front - so 1215 for the pair.
Are there more people with these wheels and have the same etched logo's near the valve stem - and what are your weights of front and rear wheel ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

Ssc stand for Special Service Course, historically (20th century) for wheels prepared for the pros, last 20years it diffused over almost all the wheels.
Now, Mavic does sometime special wheels for the tdf, I have seen some with thinner weight tracks, slightly different internal pieces, either lighter, less prone to maintenance or just testing different designs. I am not saying those wheels have anything different (could just be marking to track the wheels stocks within a team)

Curious where the wheels could come from.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk