I purchased Dura-Ace C40 Clincher (WH9100-CL) but my C40s rims are same as C35 ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nemeseri

by nemeseri

silvercivic27 wrote:There's more to a wheel than just the rim, the weight and the price.

Absolutely true. Can you list the properties that make the tubular c40 better than the ones I listed? Width? Braking? Aero? New hub?

Sorry, but even as a shimano fan boy it's hard to get excited about them. Maybe if we see the first real reviews come in it will change my mind.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

Looks like another person has found out the hard way about the false specs of Shimano's wheels

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Shimano_Scam_Wh-9100_C60_wheels_P6247487/?page=unread#unread

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

I can confirm that the tubulars are a completely new rim width, depth and shape. I have a set of C40's sitting right here. They are VERY wide. I will measure them later
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

johnethompson

by johnethompson

I have had a similar experience. Purchased Shimano 9100, CL 40 and the wheels which arrived were 15mm diameter and 35 mm height.
I have e-mailed the seller and am waiting for reply so as to return the goods.
Seems that there may be a few of these wheels around.

moonoi

by moonoi

johnethompson wrote:I have had a similar experience. Purchased Shimano 9100, CL 40 and the wheels which arrived were 15mm diameter and 35 mm height.
I have e-mailed the seller and am waiting for reply so as to return the goods.
Seems that there may be a few of these wheels around.

That's the correct spec for the C40 clincher, if you read earlier in this thread Shimano updated the specs to be the same as the previous C35 clincher.

TStone75

by TStone75

The C40's may be the same dimensions as the C35's but they are much faster. A friend and I bought C35's two years ago and they have been amazing but she recently upgraded to C40's and they are so fast. I can't actually believe the difference given our 15kg weight difference, on downhills where I used to gain massive amounts of speed. Now we're equal, both on 7kg bikes.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

TStone75 wrote:The C40's may be the same dimensions as the C35's but they are much faster. A friend and I bought C35's two years ago and they have been amazing but she recently upgraded to C40's and they are so fast. I can't actually believe the difference given our 15kg weight difference, on downhills where I used to gain massive amounts of speed. Now we're equal, both on 7kg bikes.

Perhaps the new sticker design makes them faster....

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

Hawkwood wrote:
TStone75 wrote:The C40's may be the same dimensions as the C35's but they are much faster. A friend and I bought C35's two years ago and they have been amazing but she recently upgraded to C40's and they are so fast. I can't actually believe the difference given our 15kg weight difference, on downhills where I used to gain massive amounts of speed. Now we're equal, both on 7kg bikes.

Perhaps the new sticker design makes them faster....

lol

it's got to be it!
otherwise they would be just stupid claims for a basicly the same wheelset with a diferent name

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I heard a rumor that Shimano is coming out with a C45 that's supposed to be faster than even the C40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

pdlpsher1 wrote:I heard a rumor that Shimano is coming out with a C45 that's supposed to be faster than even the C40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will that be the same rim, but an even better sticker design? :D

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

As long as they make sure the price tag is higher, I'm sure it will be faster! :-D

SL1

by SL1

They must of reinvented the wheel.....

Robius

by Robius

This is disgusting.
2016 Felt AR2 Di2
Retired:
2017 Giant TCR Pro 2
2015 Cannondale Synapse 6

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lschen1216

by lschen1216

or you just need to clean those ball bearings in the hub of C35 and you will have the same result?