Tune skyline vs ax lightness ultra 25t

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AZR3

by AZR3

Wheels shipped, now the constant checking of the tracking number starts lol

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I also bit the bullet and ordered the AX 25t's today. Now I wait :roll:
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AZR3

by AZR3

It didn't take too long for starbike to get them from Ax and ship, like a week, much faster than the Xentis wheels I ordered pervious, which took almost 2 months before starbike received them.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:It didn't take too long for starbike to get them from Ax and ship, like a week, much faster than the Xentis wheels I ordered pervious, which took almost 2 months before starbike received them.

So hopefully you will see them in the next week or so? I'm in Oz so hopefully I'll have them glued up and ready to ride before the big man in the red suit arrives :D
BB

Coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

Possible but with Thanksgiving Thursday I may get them Friday or the following Monday, just depends on how long it stays in customs

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:It didn't take too long for starbike to get them from Ax and ship, like a week.

Same here, Starbike informed that there was expected to be a 2 week wait before shipping, less than a week later I have been notified they are on their way :thumbup:

Have to be happy with that. Now just need DHL, Auspost and Australian custom's to do their part :?

Anyone received theirs yet ???
BB

Coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

Mine have past customs and should be here Friday. I still need to order glue and a spare/sealant so I won't be able to give a ride report till next week or so.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:Mine have past customs and should be here Friday. I still need to order glue and a spare/sealant so I won't be able to give a ride report till next week or so.

Damn.......... that will be frustrating i'll bet. :(
BB

Coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

They'll just be eye candy for a bit lol

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:They'll just be eye candy for a bit lol

:D Hmmm I'm good to go at this end. Going to fit Vittoria tubs. One has been glued before so I will use Mastik 1 with that one and Magic Mastik on the rear tyre as an experiment. If the MM doesn't hold sufficient will just refit it with M1..........

PS. While nowhere near your lightweight ride these will get my F8 below or very close to my target of 6kg.
BB

Coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

Post up some pics when you fit them on your F8. At first I wasn't a fan of the F8 but it's grown on me a lot, it's in my top 3 most wanted frames at the moment

beanbiken

by beanbiken

AZR3 wrote:Post up some pics when you fit them on your F8. At first I wasn't a fan of the F8 but it's grown on me a lot, it's in my top 3 most wanted frames at the moment

Be happy to, currently have Corima MCC S+'s adorning it..........
BB

Coffee & carbon

AZR3

by AZR3

Got my wheels!! Its dark so no pics until tomorrow but they look nice
Weight
Front-355g (rim is 205g)
Rear-459g (rim is 203g)
Total-814g

About 3% over weight but not as far over as my Xentis were (claimed 1135g, actual 1221g)

Now a quick question, this is my first set of tubs and i bought Veloflex Carbons for them, which glue should I use?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

My preference is Vittoria Mastik one. It seems to be the tub cement of choice. I like the idea of the Magic Mastik but it seems to be very hit and miss. Seems Vitoria have an updated [inproved formula?] version of it out........ if you can find it.

Are your wheels UD or 3K version?...................
BB

Coffee & carbon

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

AZR3 wrote:Got my wheels!! Its dark so no pics until tomorrow but they look nice
Weight
Front-355g (rim is 205g)
Rear-459g (rim is 203g)
Total-814g

About 3% over weight but not as far over as my Xentis were (claimed 1135g, actual 1221g)

Now a quick question, this is my first set of tubs and i bought Veloflex Carbons for them, which glue should I use?

If you've never glued a set of tubs before, seems a shame to have your 1st try on such nice wheels. Don't know about others, but my glueing on jobs are about 10 times better now than they were at first!

Can you borrow an old wheel to practice on? At the least practise dry mounting the Carbons and let them sit on the wheel, inflated, for a while.

(Last tip - watch out for tyre direction! Nothing worse than being proud of your glue job only to find the rear tyre has gone on back to front!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com