25mm Tubeless Tyres

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlok

by jlok

I find Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance 11-Storm a great alternative to Pro One (sans the name, which took me a few minutes to type). Roll fast and grippy, got less cut, and similar if not lighter.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I use Maxalami plugs they are a bit more tacky and there is a thicker worm in this kit for bigger holes.

With stans race sealant all that happened after I shock the bottle and tried to inject is the valve clogged then the hose detaches and a big mess results.

There easier to use sealants. Original stans only ever sealed at 30psi. Pump up to normal pressures and it blew out back to 30psi. It kept separating and therefore there was never enough latex in solution.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Oups :mrgreen:

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

STOP THE PRESS! Continental has just released the Grand Prix 5000 as a replacement and improved GP4000IIs... and they finally have a Tubeless option! :shock:

The tubeless version isn't very weight weenie friendly though at a claimed 300gr for the 700x25...

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/11/contine ... road-tire/

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Just posted this on the main thread. Not very promissing for tubeless, at 85g heavier than the clincher version (75g heavier than the 4000SII's). Lots of available sizes, though.

jlok

by jlok

Why not TLR but the much heavier TL? The 28c is ard 80g heavier than Fusion5 performance tlr...
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

TL vs. TLR is just marketing talk. There's no standard, I think they just put TL on there to differentiate it from the standard version. The weight difference appears to be in the layer added to the construction to make the tire airtight, rather than what other manufacturers do, which is rely on sealant to make the tread airtight, which reduces weight.

I don't see this tire being an option in the 25c size. There are better options out there. I think this might compete in the larger sizes, though.

jlok

by jlok

ok forget the name then. why not using the strategy of other mfg? sealants have to be used in tubeless application anyway...

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I completely agree. I think this misses the mark.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

jlok wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:04 pm
ok forget the name then. why not using the strategy of other mfg? sealants have to be used in tubeless application anyway...
Actually it doesn't, if they are air tight without any sealant, and it looks like they might with the softer bead lip and inside layer, you might only need sealant as a puncture prevention, not require it to mount them and ride them. Of course if you do puncture, you'll need to put a tube or a patch in, same as with a tubed tire... or same with a tubeless-ready tire if your sealant is a bit old.

My only gripe with road tubeless is the sealant's lifespan, well I use mavic's sealant in Mavic UST tires (TL-ready), there might be better sealant out there... but you think it will prevent punctures but it doesn't take much time until the sealant is all dry and useless anyway... I still rarely flat with tubes or not (only one flat this year in over 10,000km) so I think I would ride these without sealant... or stick with tubes since it's a tad lighter with GP5000 vs GP5000TL without sealant... I don't flat much but I do like the lower pressure of tubeless, constantly having to top off sealant (and adding more weight each time), not so much.

zefs

by zefs

jlok wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:58 pm
Why not TLR but the much heavier TL? The 28c is ard 80g heavier than Fusion5 performance tlr...
Because maybe they are aiming for a more robust tire like the 4000sii which will sell better than a lighter tire that cuts/punctures easily and might drive people who are looking for an all round tire away, that's my guess.

jlok

by jlok

The Fusion 5 Perf TLR doesn't puncture easily yet much lighter...

My thinking is Conti developed this tire long long time ago but marketing dept just wouldn't release it when their GP4k2 sells so well... now they finally release it but the competitors have already advanced the design. Conti may release TLR version very soon.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Or they're aimed for aero road bikes, a market where clearly weight is not in anyone's priority list! :mrgreen:

gotgame

by gotgame

25mm tubeless ... best tires are mavic UST tires no discussions. available also in 23/25/28mm
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

gaspard123

by gaspard123

just checking to see if anyone has latest input for this question/thread. I was also wondering if most people are happy with 25mm or something wider on the latest wheels with 28mm outside width?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com