Anyone tried the Fulcrum RACING QUATTRO CARBON clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

pdlpsher1 wrote:My Quattros were supposed to be delivered today but I wasn't home. Ughhh. So I need to go to the post office tomorrow morning to pick it up. I'm planning on removing the ugly stickers.

As you can see from my post earlier of the Merckx, they look fantastic with the decals removed- the clear coat looks great.
BandiCoote

Eddy Merckx Roubaix70 custom build
Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

Peter_E

by Peter_E

ClydesdaleChris wrote:
Peter_E wrote:Made the move to discs so got another pair of the quattro carbons for disc. 1 545 grams so that was good. Ride is just like the rim brake version. 28mm Corsa G.Image

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

How wide are the 28mm Corsa’s?

On these rims that are 17mm internal they are 28mm measured.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

My wheels are 1,475g. with the stickers. I got the stickers off. That was the easy part. Now the gluey gunk is tightly adhered to the rim. Oh Lord. The wheels definitely look awesome without the stickers. Getting the glue off will be a major pain in the ass. I'm letting the glue dry out overnight and see what happens tomorrow.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

<1550g for a "budget" Disc clincher is pretty good :)
Using Tapatalk

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I finished removing the stickers. There were twelve of them! I already have some acetone on hand so I used it. It worked well enough but it took three hours per wheel. The nude wheels definitely look awesome. Total weight without the stickers is 1,462g., which is one gram less than my Bora 50's. Today's a rainy day so I won't be trying them until tomorrow or Wednesday.

If I get a disc bike I would definitely go for the disk version of this wheelset.

sawyer

by sawyer

pdlpsher1 wrote:I finished removing the stickers. There were twelve of them! I already have some acetone on hand so I used it. It worked well enough but it took three hours per wheel. The nude wheels definitely look awesome. Total weight without the stickers is 1,462g., which is one gram less than my Bora 50's. Today's a rainy day so I won't be trying them until tomorrow or Wednesday.

If I get a disc bike I would definitely go for the disk version of this wheelset.

3 hours for 13g!

But I guess you like the look without the stickers. Personally I like the stickers and branding, even if stickers are not as nice as the water transfer decals on Boras.

I continue to be impressed by these wheels. They really are exceptional VFM.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

norcimmus

by norcimmus

pdlpsher1 wrote:I finished removing the stickers. There were twelve of them! I already have some acetone on hand so I used it. It worked well enough but it took three hours per wheel. The nude wheels definitely look awesome. Total weight without the stickers is 1,462g., which is one gram less than my Bora 50's. Today's a rainy day so I won't be trying them until tomorrow or Wednesday.

Seriously, #*&k those stickers!

spliid

by spliid

Im looking forward into riding mine in the spring. I just purchased a used pair which was used with thruaxles. I got some adapters since I ride with qr but damn that's a puzzle. They look good through :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Looks like there has been a logo update. Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

Nefarious86 wrote:Looks like there has been a logo update. Image

That’s a bit nicer.
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

Vermu

by Vermu

Nefarious86 wrote:Looks like there has been a logo update. Image

Can those be removed or are they under the lacquer like in boras?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Vermu wrote:...Can those be removed or are they under the lacquer like in boras?

Just FYI... Boras do not have a clear coat or lacquer on them. They come out of the mold like that. The current Bora decals use a water transfer process for application but there is no clear coat over top. Prior to this the decals were rather thick adhesive vinyl type stickers that could be peeled off. I am not familiar with the Fulcrum decals or their application.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

SpartacusCZ

by SpartacusCZ

Hello, i want to buy some carbon wheelset for disc brake. The carbon quattros seems to be a good option, lightweigt and versatile 40mm depth of rim. But i can´t see the shape of the rim - it is rounded U-shape, or V-shape? I live in South Moravia, which is relatively windy area, so i want some "wind resistant" wheels.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

SpartacusCZ wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 pm
Hello, i want to buy some carbon wheelset for disc brake. The carbon quattros seems to be a good option, lightweigt and versatile 40mm depth of rim. But i can´t see the shape of the rim - it is rounded U-shape, or V-shape? I live in South Moravia, which is relatively windy area, so i want some "wind resistant" wheels.
They are more 'V' than a 'U'. At 40mm they do catch some wind but not as bad as my Bora 50's. You can go shallower but you'll lose some aero advantage. A 'V' rim profile will give better aero drag at near zero yaw. A 'U' rim will give better drag only at a very high yaw, like 15 degrees. 99.9% of the time the 'V' shape will have lower drag than the 'U'. And 'V' is way lighter than a 'U'.

ClydesdaleChris

by ClydesdaleChris

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 am
They are more 'V' than a 'U'. At 40mm they do catch some wind but not as bad as my Bora 50's. You can go shallower but you'll lose some aero advantage. A 'V' rim profile will give better aero drag at near zero yaw. A 'U' rim will give better drag only at a very high yaw, like 15 degrees. 99.9% of the time the 'V' shape will have lower drag than the 'U'. And 'V' is way lighter than a 'U'.
I would say they’re half way, certainly not a U or V. But a 40mm wheel gives only 5w, at the absolute best, in perfect conditions, so I’m inclined to go with whatever, providing their not completely V, as they’re woeful in the cross-wind.
BandiCoote

Trek Émonda 2018 SLR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com