Anyone tried the Fulcrum RACING QUATTRO CARBON clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alastairb

by alastairb

Have the Speed 40s and very pleased with them..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Are the Stickers of the 2018 Version under the Coating or get it to removal?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NCTales

by NCTales

I have had the Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon DB versions for about 11 months. I have had a couple of issues that I wonder if anyone else in the community has experienced:

1. After several visits to the LBS and the Fulcrum distributor, it seems impossible to remove a small amount of lateral side to side movement in the rear hub (it has been adjusted a number of times).

2. My LBS is just replacing the bearings on both wheels for the 2nd time this year (going with better quality this time). I have done around 7k kms so far this year. The LBS tells me the hubs are not sealed on the disc side which is allowing water into the bearings more readily. Not sure if this is common.

Anyone else experiencing either of these issues? Any ideas on solutions would be welcome.

LaundryHamper

by LaundryHamper

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:44 pm
I finished removing the stickers. There were twelve of them! I already have some acetone on hand so I used it. It worked well enough but it took three hours per wheel. The nude wheels definitely look awesome. Total weight without the stickers is 1,462g., which is one gram less than my Bora 50's. Today's a rainy day so I won't be trying them until tomorrow or Wednesday.

If I get a disc bike I would definitely go for the disk version of this wheelset.
Just for anyone going through this process - use a hairdryer to heat the adhesive and it should come away with the decal. Follow the decal with the flow of hot air as you peel, and don't rush.

silvalis

by silvalis

alastairb wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:08 pm
Have the Speed 40s and very pleased with them..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
me too. Cost a few hundred more, but came with better hubs and black decals so I don't have to faff around with a hair dryer.
Chasse patate

zero71

by zero71

Has anyone set the Quattro DB up tubeless? What is it that prevents these from being tubeless? I read something about them missing a notch that holds the tyre on in case of a flat, but don't all the new hookless tubeless rims have that same issue? Surely keeping the pressure under 70psi is all that matters?

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

NCTales wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 am
I have had the Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon DB versions for about 11 months. I have had a couple of issues that I wonder if anyone else in the community has experienced:

1. After several visits to the LBS and the Fulcrum distributor, it seems impossible to remove a small amount of lateral side to side movement in the rear hub (it has been adjusted a number of times).

2. My LBS is just replacing the bearings on both wheels for the 2nd time this year (going with better quality this time). I have done around 7k kms so far this year. The LBS tells me the hubs are not sealed on the disc side which is allowing water into the bearings more readily. Not sure if this is common.

Anyone else experiencing either of these issues? Any ideas on solutions would be welcome.
Which bearings did you go with?

zaak

by zaak

I had Fulcrum Quattro carbon rim brake during 2018 and 2019 season. Done lots of trips in Italian alps without problems.
Last edited by zaak on Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I have Fulcrum Quattro carbon rim brake wheels for some years now. Great wheels without problems but I don't use them often because it is my backup wheelset.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands