Vittoria Graphene Plus tyres

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moonoi

by moonoi

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 pm
moonoi wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 am
Now you're just talking nonsense, I get that you have a relationship with Vittoria, but your own bias is really showing through now. I get you don't want to be wrong, but simply put you are, why?

That is their statement, on their website, specifically about their Graphene technology, not a specific model of tyre.

So it is not wrong for myself, media and others (including the bike shops that sell them) to understand that the addition of said technology is there to improve puncture resistance regardless of the model of tyre.

Also to note, you didn't link to the tyre I had my experience with, that version wasn't available at the time.
It is a link to the same tyre you used - goodness there is even a pic of it. Back when I wrote the piece I had no relationship with them. It was literally a mate who gave them my details and said "send this dude some tyres, he'll ride them and report on them". Which I did. And actually called bullshit on their speed claims (but this came before their later release Corsa Speed release, which have been proven to be fast).

But I get it, being a anonymous forum user means you're free to act the prat. Create strawman claims, etc. Bravo.

moonoi wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 am
seeing as you say it is supposed to be a GP4k equivalent (which I don't like at all btw, but is the benchmark whether I like it or not).
What I actually said was
Tinea Pedis wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 pm
moonoi wrote:
Tue May 03, 2016 4:27 am
Just picked up a pair of the Rubino Pro Speed 25mm G+ clinchers, they feel like they might be a bit fragile
"fragile" based off what?

My experience - and that of those using them - has been anything but that. Wear really well and take a long time to cut up - even on gravel. They're designed to be a better ride feel version of the GP4000 series. With better wear and grip. Cannot fault any of those claims so far.
and before you fire back at me, this is the definition of 'equivalent'

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... equivalent

Given the Rubino has a higher TPI on top of all the other properties, it is like I said. A better version of the GP4000 series - in the sense of being the tyre you could train on and race on without a sacrifice in either domain. They are in no way equal in anything really.

But thanks for the fun. Here I thought anonymous trolling was only still fun on Twitter.
Just for reference this is the tyre in my picture https://www.vittoria.com/us/rubino-pro- ... round.html , not the one you linked to earlier. I also note that none of the specific tyre model entries state anything about improved puncture protection due to Graphene, there is only that generic all round statement.

And for clarity, I interpreted your statement to mean that in the Vittoria line up the Rubino Pro lines up with the GP4k, and in your opinion is better due to the reasons you stated, I don't think that is incorrect? Sorry if you don't appreciate me distilling that down to "equivalent". I do find it strange you want to pull me up on this, even though I've said, based on your responses, I'll give the tyre you linked a try.

I appreciate your responses, and sorry you feel I'm trolling you in some way, that certainly is/was not my intention.

:beerchug:

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Interesting to hear Hexsense. There must be a tradeoff somewhere as the roller results really are blazing fast, impressively so.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com