Vittoria Graphene Plus tyres

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Id like point out i sell vitoria tyres in my shop but the corsa that i am waiting for is the corsa soeed tubeless. That is something new. I will ride these as i love tubeless as much as i like tubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

What's the deal with the Corsa Speed TLR only available in 23mm, surely that can't be right with wide rim's and 25mm tyres everywhere? If there was a 25mm version I'd go tubeless on my road race wheels in an instant!

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

They just posted a review of the Corsa Speed on BikeRadar that seems pretty legit, even if they didn't independently verify the RR claims. It sounds super fragile, but I was mainly interested in seeing what they said about the tubeless characteristics, as those should apply to the thicker rubber versions of the open tubular series as well, I would imagine. Interestingly, they didn't sound like they are as tight a fit as some tubeless tires, but even still the tester did not suffer any blowouts:
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -16-50114/

DuncanS2

by DuncanS2

Tony Martin would love them, I'm sure!

micro553

by micro553

I want new (tubless - if it works) summer tires.

My number 1 option right now is Vittoria Corsa Speed but

- How wide are they IRL?
- Will they come in 25 mm Before summer?
- Should I pick the new regular Corsa in 25 mm and go with tubes?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

micro553 wrote:I want new (tubless - if it works) summer tires.

My number 1 option right now is Vittoria Corsa Speed but

- How wide are they IRL?
- Will they come in 25 mm Before summer?
- Should I pick the new regular Corsa in 25 mm and go with tubes?

I'll ask them this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

@ultimobici - Were you able to get a timeframe for arrival of the Corsa Speed TLR in 25mm??

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

They have only just got 23mm in production so it will be a little while. 23 were best for TT aerodynamics hence the choice to start with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

109er

by 109er

The US warehouse is just a couple miles from my place. I've asked them about releasing a 25mm Corsa Speed. While they agree it would be bad ass, the news from Italy is that they have no plans of doing it. Nor a 25mm Rubino Pro TLR. Which would be equally sick. I'm riding a set of 25mm Rubino Pros on my training wheels and a set of 28mm Rubino Pros on my race wheels. They ride really nicely and I would venture to say a 25mm Rubino Pro would be a really nice crit tire. I have both sets on Vittoria wheels as well, the Quarano clinchers and the Elusions. Both of which can be set up tubeless. I will be trying the Corsa Speed TLR later this spring. I also have a set of Corsa Speed tubulars on my tt bike, I can say that they "feel" much faster than the regular Corsa. They have a different tread pattern and little to no flat protection. They are very flimsy feeling. When I prod into Vittoria they say it is still more durable than the older Corsa CX. This is the Corsa Speed I'm talking about. They also seem to think the Corsa Speed will corner as good or better than the older Corsa CX. Graphene rebounds slower than the older rubber on the CX giving it a "softer" feel. Durometer to Durometer though it is a harder longer wearing compound. Super interesting stuff. All word of mouth though, hopefully I can back it up in the coming weeks and months.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

That seems crazy that they'd have no 25mm on initial release since I'd just not bother running a 23mm tyre with any modern wide rim.

Marin

by Marin

On many modern wide rims, 25mm tires inflate to 27 or 28mm width, which in my opinion is already unnecessarily wide for non-off-road riding.

You'd be surprised how well 23mm tires work on wide rims, no matter what manufacturers are trying to sell you.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

^Exactly. I've got the 23mm Corsa G+ on a new pair of Bora Ultra 35 clinchers and they come up exactly the same width as the rim - viewed from above you can't see it. The same cannot be said of the tubulars; with those you definitely need the 25mm tyre (Corsa CX in my case.) I've yet to try the Corsa G+ tubs.

Krackor

by Krackor

I've got a set of the Corsa G+ 25mm tubulars on Bora One 50, new to me this spring. After two races and 6 hours of training rides on this combination I have no complaints. I've raced on 22mm Veloflex Carbon and 23mm Vittoria Corsa CX in past years. The G+ 25mm are definitely more comfortable due to the larger volume; I feel more comfortable riding in the gutter to move around in a race than I felt on the narrower tires. Dry grip is great, I feel like I'm on rails. Thankfully I haven't had to try the limits of wet grip yet.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

23mm G+ come out at 25,2mm on a 24,2mm rim (Fulcrum 4).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com