Velocite filament wound rims

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
vmajor
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by vmajor

spartan wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:02 pm
does the rim comply with the new ERTO tubeless standard?
You mean this:
IMG_20190826_092655.jpg
Yes :)

EVO

by EVO

shannonlinnan wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am
It's hard to say... The wheels have been bulletproof and they seemed to hold pressure, so had it not been for the fact that I was not fond of the gp5000tl's I may not have noticed the cracks, or worse may have been the victim of a catastrophic failure had I not picked up on the damage.

My new Vittorias arrived and when installing them I noticed the cracks.

The front wheel is still perfect, they hold pressure well (I've always run tubeless setup) and I'm disappointed to have to give them up as I love the look.

Of anyone has one I'd love to hear from you!
I feel with you - I love my Venn Rev 507 too, knock on wood, so far no issues. I clocked around 4000 km with Continental Race Light Tubes and Vittoria Corsas 23c, they inflating to 26 mm - rear 6.5 Bar, front 6.2 Bar - I'm around 64 kg.
The reason I like the look of the Rev is that the pattern is a result of the build process. In other words, no additional labour necessary to create a stunning look, that is the essence of a perfect design imho. So sad that Venn will not continue to produce the Rev line up.

by Weenie

martinkartin

by martinkartin

vmajor wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:06 am

Currently the Var 45 TCC and TCD are the same rim. Soon we will have a disc specific 45mm rim too so its weight will be lower.
Any update on a disc specific 45mm rim? Looking to get a set soon but the lower weight would be great.
Factor O2 Disc Romain Bardet Limited Edition

vmajor

by vmajor

The current weight of a 45mm disc brake rim is 450g. This is less than the rim brake rim, but we are working on making the rim brake version lighter too.

vmajor

by vmajor

The Venn Var 507 rims are here (almost). The current stable weight is 480g.

The profile is identical to the Venn Rev 507 rims except that internally the nipple reinforcement area is curved allowing better spoke orientation and less stress on the rim and the nipple. Wheel builders that performed the test builds all report close to perfect tool access (we offset the holes on the rim bed), spoke tensions and roundness of an assembled wheel within 0.1mm.

We'll be able to offer them for sale within the next couple of weeks.
venn var 507 tcc 2 resized.jpg