Velocite filament wound rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Thanks for explanation
Now the delay issue is the only one I still have

I will send asap pictures , at least one of the front rims had the side moving in and sort of fusioned with the tire , so you would feel it when turning and the tire wasn't round anymore thus .
The crack on the picture is growing even when riding on the direct drive smart trainer .
The wheel goes left and right more and more . So if I keep riding them ( I won't ) on the road it will eventually totally break and separate in several pieces ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trytogo

by trytogo

I want to throw in my 2 cents on Venn and my experience thus far. Much like Roman I don't intend to bash the company but help others make an informed choise my experience has been pretty bad some of it ties into what roman says about delays etc.

So I ordered a set of Venn 507 disc wheels from Probike kit and not Venn directly. The order was placed on June 19th and having spoken with PBK before the order was placed the expected a delivery from Venn on the 21st. That order they say was meant to have arrived on the 11th june 2018 but was delayed. The wheels then did not ship on the 21st as expected and on the 3rd of july I recieved an email from PBK saying that the 11th of june order has still not been filled and that the wheels were now on special order from Venn and they would be in touch.

I messaged PBK again a few days ago and they told me that the order was made but it is still not inbound and they cannot give a date for when the arrive and will only be able to do so once Venn ships the wheels.

So today I contacted Venn today to find out some sort of timeframe (we have the UCI world series at the start of September and it would be nice to have had the wheels for this). Major (I assume I was speaking with major) was pretty helpful at first and said it could be to the effect of 4 weeks (I kind of got the sense that that was a maybe) that they have a batch being built but none are singled out for PBK and are going to other suppliers.

That about sums it up I have nothing to say about the quality of the wheels etc because obviously I still don't have them almost 6 weeks later.

I feel both PBK and Venn are responsible but what it does look like is that Venn can be extremely slow at filling new orders and production at the end of the day they werent able to fill the original 11 June order to pbk.

My guess is that if a supplier has stock then you should get the wheels no problem and most likely will be happy. For now, I am keeping the order partly out of curiosity to see how long this process will take and also because I already ordered the adapter kit and 6 bolt discs so am invested in the system. However if I could have done it again I would have just gone with Yoeleo, farsports or lightbicycle whom I have had great service from in the past.

One curiosity was that PBK has the campag hub rims in stock and venn do have a Shimano conversion kit id happily take the campaign and convert it but I'm not willing to pay the extra $70+ dollars if PBK had been offered that as a free solution I probably would have accepted but I don't think being given the run around and asked to then pay extra is a suitable solution.

So the wait goes on, PBK are going to try and push Venn for an accurate timeframe on Monday and if some solution is found (ie the wheels will get here before Lightbicyle or Yoleo can build and deliver a set) I will hopefully be updating you with impressions of the rims after a few rides.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

trytogo wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:09 pm
I want to throw in my 2 cents on Venn ...
To be honest mate, I think people really only care about how the product performs. Issues regarding product acquisition are irritating sure, but its not worth several paragraphs of complaining.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

trytogo

by trytogo

zappafile123 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:47 am
trytogo wrote:
To be honest mate, I think people really only care about how the product performs. Issues regarding product acquisition are irritating sure, but its not worth several paragraphs of complaining.
Nonsense, there's more to making a purchase than just how a product performs and sorry if you're to blind to see that. For me, I ordered the wheels 6 weeks ago to race on this summer and there is still no end in site (potentially more than 4 weeks more weight). Had I gone with another company I would have been riding new wheels weeks ago.

Sorry if my reporting is of no use to your personal situation but for others that might be preordering of a new batch this might be pretty damn important to them.
Last edited by trytogo on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vmajor
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by vmajor

I will not make any further repliers to trytogo's posts beyond this one, for the public record.

Trytogo's claim that "Venn is missing delivery dates to their suppliers" is false and libelous/slanderous (pick your jurisdiction and wording). We did not fail to deliver on time and trytogo was informed of this fact. He was also informed that I will personally find out what is happening. I found out about trytogo's issues on Saturday, today is Sunday, a single work day would have sufficed.

V.

trytogo

by trytogo

vmajor wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:22 pm
I will not make any further repliers to trytogo's posts beyond this one, for the public record.

Trytogo's claim that "Venn is missing delivery dates to their suppliers" is false and libelous/slanderous (pick your jurisdiction and wording). We did not fail to deliver on time and trytogo was informed of this fact. He was also informed that I will personally find out what is happening. I found out about trytogo's issues on Saturday, today is Sunday, a single work day would have sufficed.

V.
So quick question and in doing so I will disregard that as 2nd threat you have made towards me Major. The way you behave both publicly and privately is extremely abrasive.
Last edited by trytogo on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trytogo

by trytogo

trytogo wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 pm
vmajor wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:22 pm

V.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

trytogo wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 am
zappafile123 wrote:
trytogo wrote:
Nonsense, there's more to making a purchase than just how a product performs and sorry if you're to blind to see that. For me, I ordered the wheels 6 weeks ago to race on this summer and there is still no end in site (potentially more than 4 weeks more weight). Had I gone with another company I would have been riding new wheels weeks ago.

Sorry if my reporting is of no use to your personal situation but for others that might be preordering of a new batch this might be pretty damn important to them.
"I ordered the wheels and it took too long for them to arrive, buyer beware, it make take a month or two to get them" is all you needed to say rather than whining for a quarter of a page. Half the time you have to wait 3 months for Colnago's and other high end products, so whats the difference here with a set of Custom Venn's?
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

trytogo

by trytogo

zappafile123 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:52 am
trytogo wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:51 am
zappafile123 wrote:
trytogo wrote:

"I ordered the wheels and it took too long for them to arrive, buyer beware, it make take a month or two to get them" is all you needed to say rather than whining for a quarter of a page. Half the time you have to wait 3 months for Colnago's and other high end products, so whats the difference here with a set of Custom Venn's?
I think you are mistaken. They are not custom Venns they are stock wheels made by Venn from an official distributor.

I Checked with the supplier (Probikekit) by phone before ordering. They said they should have already arrived as they were waiting for the imminent arrival of a stock order that already should have arrived (I assume this is the order that PBK later told me should have arrived on the 11th June that I was told about on the 2nd that it still hadn't arrived). At various later stages, they told me they were still waiting for stock to arrive from Venn in that variant of the wheel.

Im sorry that the length of my post was not to your taste , ill take that into consideration the next time. I do hope you take the time to read the next time before commenting in error and putting words in my mouth about custom orders etc.

Anyway, I would be happy to let this thread get back on topic. Next time you hear from me would hopefully be a ride report and some pics of the wheels when they arrive. I intend to try them out with a couple of tyre sizes and brands (4000's, corsas & pro ones) as well as in a few frames (Propel, tarmac, supersix) if anyone needs measurements etc the calipers are waiting.

Shuddup

by Shuddup

Just got a set of Venn Rev 35 clinchers off the back of the most recent Probikekit sale fitted with Veloflex corsa 23s and they are just awesome. Braking power using their supplied blue pads is decent in the dry (as with pretty much all rims and brake pad combinations) but haven't had to test them in the wet.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Woah facts please not awesome stuff not explained

You joined on 19th of july
4 messages all about velocite/venn rims , it's ok

But you didn't say what about them are awesome
What are your previous wheels
What's your riding
What's your height weight

It doesn't add any value to the forum I'm effraid

Shuddup

by Shuddup

romanmoser wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 pm
Woah facts please not awesome stuff not explained

You joined on 19th of july
4 messages all about velocite/venn rims , it's ok

But you didn't say what about them are awesome
What are your previous wheels
What's your riding
What's your height weight

It doesn't add any value to the forum I'm effraid
Well... I got them for cheaper than equivalent open mold wheels, they're fairly light for the price and "aero" (or at least I feel faster) and don't get me blown around in a crosswind. They spin well, brake decently in the dry and haven't assploded on me (yet) and most importantly they look fantastic on my Lightspeed. So yes, i think they're "awesome".
Attachments
20180720_003143.jpg

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

I too bought from PBK, Venn Rev 507, Awesome price for sure, much less than the £720 currently on sale for.
Ordered 04/07/18 at 21:43 dispatched 04/07/18 23:35 delivered the morning of 06/07/18
*f##k* Awesome as I needed wheels ASAP.
Weighed in at 1554g taped no valves.
1300km only so far.

trytogo

by trytogo

Tenlegs wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:20 pm
I too bought from PBK, Venn Rev 507, Awesome price for sure, much less than the £720 currently on sale for.
Ordered 04/07/18 at 21:43 dispatched 04/07/18 23:35 delivered the morning of 06/07/18
*f##k* Awesome as I needed wheels ASAP.
Weighed in at 1554g taped no valves.
1300km only so far.
Thanks for the input mate. Happy you got your set but the plot only thickens for me :p
They fill an order made 16 days after mine lol. Im still digging but both sides are stone walls now I still don't want to cancel as I said I invested in discs and adapters for the system and to be fair nothing of what I have said above is any reflection of the wheels quality themselves which by all accounts (apart from the lack of centrelock) seems excellent.

What tyres are you running and how do they measure up. Will you be going tubeless? The weight is good to see as well. Enjoy them while I wait :p

Edit: oh one more thing did you order the Campag wheels or Shimano?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

So the real issue here is with PBK.