Velocite filament wound rims

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vmajor
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by vmajor

Braking performance with the Venn Red pads was reported as superior to braking performance with the supplied Fryse (blue) pads. Others can comment on how they compare to other rims in the market. Blue pads were selected for their good temperature profile and share the compound with other blue brake pads in the market. Red pads are newer and have a very interesting heat/resistance profile - the friction does not change with temperature.

jencvo

by jencvo

vmajor wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:39 pm
Braking performance with the Venn Red pads was reported as superior to braking performance with the supplied Fryse (blue) pads. Others can comment on how they compare to other rims in the market. Blue pads were selected for their good temperature profile and share the compound with other blue brake pads in the market. Red pads are newer and have a very interesting heat/resistance profile - the friction does not change with temperature.
I would be buying the wheels from Probikekit, any chance they supply the red pads as well? Also, is there any data or any solid comparisons in terms of braking? I want something reliable and really don't want to regret the decision

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Campagnolo red pads hold the candle over notorious Reynolds pads and SwissStop Black Prince pads. They perform exceptionally on any carbon wheels. There's enough evidence to prove this in a slew of threads around here.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

mag

by mag

I hope you're right. Currently I use the SwissStop Black Prince pads but I'm not overly thrilled about them. I've got one set of Campy red pads ready to replace them and really hope that will make things better. I've got also the Reynolds Cryo Blue Power pads ready for testing so it will be interesting which of those comes out as s winner for me. I just hope at least one of the other two is really better than the Black Princes.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

mag wrote:I hope you're right. Currently I use the SwissStop Black Prince pads but I'm not overly thrilled about them. I've got one set of Campy red pads ready to replace them and really hope that will make things better. I've got also the Reynolds Cryo Blue Power pads ready for testing so it will be interesting which of those comes out as s winner for me. I just hope at least one of the other two is really better than the Black Princes.
You sound like it’s my personal opinion when you say “I hope you’re right”. There’s plenty of evidence from riders feedback. Needless to say, swapping brake pads is a very easy task. If a rider is not satisfied with performance, testing different brake pads should be a priority. Slew of riders complain about braking performance before exploring other avenues.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

mag

by mag

I'll believe it when I experience it myself. :-D I'll finish off the Black Princes first, then will test others. They're ok, but I can imagine better. ;-)

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

vmajor wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:39 pm
Victor, any idea when ProBikeKit will stock your new Var wheels?
https://shop.venn-cycling.com/index.php ... ment-wound

vmajor

by vmajor

At present we are not offering Var wheels or rims through online resellers. They can currently be found at some shops in Belgium, through a few wheel builders in Germany and France. We are slowly rolling them out. The Var 77 will be formally launched at the Taipei Cycle Show next week so that is also when we will release more information about it and the Var process.

jencvo

by jencvo

vmajor wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 am
At present we are not offering Var wheels or rims through online resellers. They can currently be found at some shops in Belgium, through a few wheel builders in Germany and France. We are slowly rolling them out. The Var 77 will be formally launched at the Taipei Cycle Show next week so that is also when we will release more information about it and the Var process.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

vmajor wrote:
PBK is offering a very good price on Rev 35's right now :thumbup:
Could you comment on width of the brake track? Looks like it's ~2mm narrow. If I had to guess, it's 25mm.

schrisj

by schrisj

vmajor wrote:
Hi Victor

Is there anything further on the Var 77 yet?

Thanks

vmajor

by vmajor

Yes, lots :)

...but we did not get a chance to post much information yet. I will share some more photos tomorrow. They will also shortly become available for purchase on our site for EUR 1499. This price includes VAT and EU import duty. Thus, buyers from outside of EU subtract 21% (Belgian VAT).

vmajor

by vmajor

Some photos of the Venn Var 77 as promised. Press release here: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/tr ... 7ba99a6b74

andigo93

by andigo93

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moonoi

by moonoi

Like those VAR 77 a lot, might have to ask Santa for a pair