Mavic Ksyrium SLR Vs Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
brianwchan

by brianwchan

I still like my mavic SLRs but the coating on the rear wore off in one rainy ride... It's still there but now I've got to switch wheelsets every time it drizzles or just not ride.

I will probably stay away from exalith in the future. Certainly won't be paying a premium for any wheels with it.

chefczyk

by chefczyk

both look phenominal

by Weenie

dorihun

by dorihun

I used fulcrum racing zero wheels.

The wheels are stiff, light and fast.

During climbs, I can feel how well they spin and they roll incredibly well thanks to the ceramic hubs.

In my opinion the Fulcrum are recommendable.

Will ride any road!

TonyM

by TonyM

The fulcrum racing nite really have very nice bearings and they roll very smoothly. Really enjoy them.

MAsshole

by MAsshole

Apv wrote:I've had the Dt Swiss PR1400 oxic wheels for a month now. They're as good as the online reviews say. Hub isn't clicky and loud like standard 240s hubs. They're fairly quiet and sound like a space ship! Breaking performance isn't much different imo to standard alloy wheels but the brake track hasn't worn after a weekend in the lakes

Any update?

Apv

by Apv

MAsshole wrote:
Apv wrote:I've had the Dt Swiss PR1400 oxic wheels for a month now. They're as good as the online reviews say. Hub isn't clicky and loud like standard 240s hubs. They're fairly quiet and sound like a space ship! Breaking performance isn't much different imo to standard alloy wheels but the brake track hasn't worn after a weekend in the lakes

Any update?

Right. So I've used it in the wet on a 80km ride and I've noticed that there was some wear on rear wheel the brake track. Note the BB direct mount brake.
However, I am not sure about the cause of these marks, which could be caused by chips from debris or something judging by where the marks are located.
So, my LBS where I got the wheels from have contacted DT Swiss, and DT Swiss want to have a look at the rear wheel themselves, and possibly go down the route of giving me a new rim. DT Swiss say this should not happen if it IS due to braking in the wet.

Photos here: http://imgur.com/a/aJ8bS

At the end of the day, I still love the wheels. Love how they look, sound, and perform.
End up breaking PRs and taking top 10 & KOMs on popular short, punchy climbs; whereas I would be off by a bit with the winter bike (with 2015 DT swiss R24s).
People say its in the legs, not the gear.. But come on! The sport is bicycle racing! Gear definitely makes a difference, especially if youre trying to shave off a few seconds.

Ps. Also took the wheels/bike to the lake district for a weekend. Really happy on how they performed. Managed to wear through a quarter to half of my new SwissStop blue brake pads supplied with the wheels. Rims/brake track are totally fine.