Mavic Ksyrium SLR Vs Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
velomane

by velomane

Guys,

Any updates on the plasma coating issue? Have you just learned to live with it?

by Weenie

PSM

by PSM

Is it an issue really? Off course it wears.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

PSM wrote:Is it an issue really? Off course it wears.

Me too, interested to know. Really keen on the nite.. But it's almost 200usd more for the nite on my lbs

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

stormur

by stormur

Users says it wears (Fulcrum 0Nite), Fulcrum says it wears... and anyone still have doubts about it ? I wonder why .. .
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Those with patchy coating, perhaps buff the coating off with a dremil and a scouring pad?
Using Tapatalk

Junior7

by Junior7

I have 3 mavic and never had any problem.

Choose Mavic SLR .

hyunsoo

by hyunsoo

Mavic is better Design
Fulcrum is more performance

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I've had massive problems w/ the mavics (R-sys SLR) with crummy rear hub and also both wheels developing significant flex after about a year of riding. Mavic tried re-tightening the spokes but it hasn't had that much positive effect. On the plus side the coating never wore off and always worked well and extremely well in the rain where they were a massive advantage vs others on carbon on long descents in the wet. Fwiw I'm 75 kgs.

desertwanderer

by desertwanderer

Just to reignite this debate.... I already have some zero nites but have been looking at some second hand R-sys for another bike. Not sure if i have been fortunate but my zero nites have shown little to no wearing of the brake track, even though i live in a desert i have used them all through the winter and have been caught out a number of times by wet conditions even a couple of torrential downpours without any noticeable effect. I wonder if its something to do with the chemicals you may well find on the roads in europe which when mixed with water and the brake pads causes the scouring effect some are seeing.
Bianchi Oltre XR4 Bianchi Oltre XR1 Cannondale CAAD7 Colnago Master Olympic Peugeot Aneto

sungjinmo

by sungjinmo

I used Mavic Ksyrium SLR and Campagnolo Shamal Mille Wheelset. I felt SLR was harder than Mille.
Racing Zero is similar to Shamal Mille I thought.
The choice will be depends on your riding style...

uraqt

by uraqt

The open pro rim is coming with the exalith finish and there is a DT Swiss option too.. 1400 DIeCut

C

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

I pulled the trigger on a DT Swiss pr 1400 oxic, waiting for them to arrive.
Was in doubt on which ones to choose between mavic, campagnolo and dt Swiss.
Mavics have great feedback on the rims, campagnolo on the hubs, dt Swiss seemed a good compromise between the two.
And are less on the roads, ok they're newer then the other two brands...

reknop

by reknop

snowdevlin wrote:I pulled the trigger on a DT Swiss pr 1400 oxic, waiting for them to arrive.
Mavics have great feedback on the rims, campagnolo on the hubs, dt Swiss seemed a good compromise between the two.

Good if we get some real user feedback on the DT Swiss 1400 wheels.
Up to now the main work-horse wheels are still the Mavic Ksyrium SLR (2014) with some very minor signs of coating wear.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.remo-knops.com/cycling/

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

reknop wrote:
snowdevlin wrote:I pulled the trigger on a DT Swiss pr 1400 oxic, waiting for them to arrive.

Good if we get some real user feedback on the DT Swiss 1400 wheels.
Up to now the main work-horse wheels are still the Mavic Ksyrium SLR (2014) with some very minor signs of coating wear.

Will do once I get my caad12 up and running :thumbup:

by Weenie

Apv

by Apv

I've had the Dt Swiss PR1400 oxic wheels for a month now. They're as good as the online reviews say. Hub isn't clicky and loud like standard 240s hubs. They're fairly quiet and sound like a space ship! Breaking performance isn't much different imo to standard alloy wheels but the brake track hasn't worn after a weekend in the lakes