Removing graphics from Reynolds Aero lineup

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
Imaking20

by Imaking20

I am having one hell of a time trying to get these stock inkjet printed graphics off of a set of Aero 58s. I have tried alcohol and Naptha, as well as a little sniffing with a razor blade (which doesn't seem like an efficient approach).

Has anyone here successfully removed these decals? Any suggestions for a chemical stronger than the decal but not stronger than the resin in the wheels?

If not, anybody have an art file so I can get some custom decals made? :)
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Have you tried goof off? That has removed some stuff I didn't know was removable.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

It looks like goof off may be a success! With a lot of elbow grease..
Current:
T2

Retired:
Blue | Project C6.0 | Felt AR FRD | Colnago C59 NERO | 2014 S-Works Tarmac | S-Works Venge | Wilier Cento Uno SL | Tarmac SL2

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Did goof off actually work?
Evo 5.02kg SL3 6.77 Slice RS 8.89 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Lets say that goof off will actually/eventually get the graphics off... but I don't recommend it. This coming from someone who has scraped paint off carbon frsmes, forks, ahifters, seatposts, and cranksets with a razor blade.
Current:
T2

Retired:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

The answer: heat and a very steady hand with a razor blade.
Current:
T2

Retired:

arizonahalfnhalf

by arizonahalfnhalf

I actually sanded some logos off of my 2015 Reynolds Rims. Same kind of laser printed process. I used a wet high grit sandpaper, about 15-20 minutes per rim and the logos were off.

For what its worth, they were the Attack rims, only 29mm deep, so the logos were smaller and since the rim is not as deep, the imperfections aren't really as obvious.

If you were really picky you could probably just continue with an even higher grit paper to smooth it out further, I'm sure it wouldn't be noticeable. I would avoid goof-off and the like, I'd be nervous about combining some of the more harsh chemicals with carbon fiber.