FarSports 38mm Carbon Clincher Review Thread, The

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
kyleFu

by kyleFu

prendrefeu wrote:
Beancouter wrote:Prendrefeu - are you still on your 38's? I bought mine about the same time as you and wondered how yours were wearing?

Yikes! Sorry for the late, late reply to this.

Dear Prendrefeu, this is kyle from Farsports, I am pleased to know you here and have followed WW forum for a long while.
I am writting to you for a wheel question if you donot mind but I donot find any of your contact here, I'll be much appreciated if can get your private messages at your convience, all the best.
Kyle / Farsports.

by Weenie

dastott

by dastott

Sorry to revive an old thread but I recently took delivery of some Farsports clinchers (60mm deep, 20.5mm wide). They look great but I cannot get a Michelin Power Competition 23mm tyre to fit on the rim. Didn't have this issue when I installed the same tyre on a Mavic rim. Have tried most tricks (talc, heat etc.) with no success. Anyone found similar problems? Wondering if I should try some Conti GP4000s?

Marin

by Marin

My old 23mm wide Farsports set is the hardest I have to mount tires on because of the shallow rim bed. You have to make sure the already installed part of the bead sits dead center in the rim bed to create as much slack as possible or you won't get the tire on.

dastott

by dastott

Thanks. Have ordered some Schwalbe Ones, hopefully they will be easier to mount.

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

i have 2 pairs of 23mm wide farsports, mounted schwalbe ones (clincher) and schwalbe pro one (tubeless) and both easy as pie

Hardgraf

by Hardgraf

Hi all. Long time lurker on the forum.

I received FarSports 'U' 38mm x 23mm 3k matte wheels today. Novatec hubs for Campagnolo and Sapim CX ray spokes, basalt breaking surface, holed rim.

They took about three weeks to arrive to the UK (customs charge faff included). Well packaged, came with spare spokes, two pairs of brake pads and some skewers (85g) which I will be swapping out for some Planet X Ti & carbon ones (44g).

Very impressed with the weight (1398g) and they look well finished, well built and understated.

I dealt with Kyle through FarSports offical shop on AliExpress and paid credit card with standard shipping. Total cost after customs charge £440.

Cheers