FarSports 38mm Carbon Clincher Review Thread, The

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kyleFu

by kyleFu

Really pleased to find this topic is still available.
Farsports
https://www.wheelsfar.com
kyle(at)farsports.cn

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Hi Kyle, could you update us on the latest developments from FarSports? Things like braking surface, rim shapes, weight are nice. :)
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I have rode mine 50mm FarSport Carbon Clinchers about 25000+km. This summer nondriveside spokes started to brake... I lost mayby 5 of them. All broke from the point where thread start. I replased all the non drive side spokes and problem is solved for next 25000km... I'm 72kg. My wife has 38mm clinhers about same age and mayby 20000km. No issues whit them so far. Brake tracks are fine on both wheels.

kyleFu

by kyleFu

Tomstr wrote:Hi Kyle, could you update us on the latest developments from FarSports? Things like braking surface, rim shapes, weight are nice. :)

HI Tomstr, so far Farsports has moulded clincher series 23mm and 25mm width from depth 38mm to 88mm, with newest improvement on braking, I find someone mentioned on forum before (with 4 degree design), I just posted section drawings on my Facebook for your reference. https://www.facebook.com/Kyle.Foo.02

Weight is kept same as before.

Another good news for custom wheel enthusaists is we have more and more hub options for customers, now White Industries T11 (6 colors) are available as well as DT180/240/350, Extralite, Chris King, EDCO, Carbon Ti etc...
Farsports
kyle(at)farsports.cn

AJS914

by AJS914

I've been thinking of some Farsports clincher wheels for my gravel/cross bike. What do people think about:

Rim profile - 30mm disc brake rims are the lightest option at 430grams each. 50mm rims are 90 grams each more. The 38mm rims are in the middle. I'm thinking that the aero benefits for a gravel/adventure bike would be very small - big tires and knobbies and all and the 30mm rim would be less stiff (more comfortable). The higher profile rims look cool. :-)

Rim width - they offer 23mm and 25mm. Wider is better?

Spoke holes in rim bed - yeah or nay? I guess no holes is better for tubeless.

The frame is a 2015 Specialized Crux.

Kyle, is the best way for forum members to order on http://www.wheelsfar.com? Also, on your facebook page it said free EMS shipping in September. Does that still apply? And how do you get it? Thanks!

kyleFu

by kyleFu

AJS914 wrote:I've been thinking of some Farsports clincher wheels for my gravel/cross bike. What do people think about:

Rim profile - 30mm disc brake rims are the lightest option at 430grams each. 50mm rims are 90 grams each more. The 38mm rims are in the middle. I'm thinking that the aero benefits for a gravel/adventure bike would be very small - big tires and knobbies and all and the 30mm rim would be less stiff (more comfortable). The higher profile rims look cool. :-)

Rim width - they offer 23mm and 25mm. Wider is better?

Spoke holes in rim bed - yeah or nay? I guess no holes is better for tubeless.

HI Ajs914, according to our selling record, for road disc brake wheels profile 30mm 38mm and 50mm are enquired most.
25mm width wheel is around 80g heavier per set than 23mm width.
It seems wider is more comfortable for riding.

We get many order of wheels with no holes in rim bed it is cool, while, for sure it is not so easy as with holes in daily maintenance and handling at the moment wheel gets issue.

Yea, it is 20% off and free shipping activity (for road wheels 38 and 50), but it will end at the end of Sep.
If you have plan to buy wheels recently I am afraid have better let me know soon.
Any other query feel free to keep me informed via emaill.
Farsports
kyle(at)farsports.cn

AJS914

by AJS914

Kyle, I will email you. I can't find the 20% off wheels or the free shipping details on the web site.

kyleFu

by kyleFu

AJS914 wrote:Kyle, I will email you. I can't find the 20% off wheels or the free shipping details on the web site.

HI Ajs914, yea link is not available now, you can mail me for more info.
Farsports
kyle(at)farsports.cn

Matthijs1973

by Matthijs1973

kyleFu wrote:
Yea, it is 20% off and free shipping activity (for road wheels 38 and 50), but it will end at the end of Sep.
If you have plan to buy wheels recently I am afraid have better let me know soon.

so Kyle, could you please explain why I don't get the 20% discount and free shipping for a 38mm / 25mm / dt350 carbon wheel set? You state this promotion on your Facebook and this forum, but after some emails it seems you won't live up to your promises. On aliexpress the price is $ 597,- and $85 for shipping. If I do my calculations right the price for this set would be $ 478,- (597-119) with free shipping. Instead you are asking $ 523,-. Please explain or don't make false promises to your potential customers.

AJS914

by AJS914

They are also not offering the 20% discount nor the free shipping on disc brake wheels even though they are for the "road and 38mm". I was told, "wheels you want are very special of center lock + XD freehub." What is so special?

kyleFu

by kyleFu

Matthijs1973 wrote:
kyleFu wrote:

so Kyle, could you please explain why I don't get the 20% discount and free shipping for a 38mm / 25mm / dt350 carbon wheel set? You state this promotion on your Facebook and this forum, but after some emails it seems you won't live up to your promises. On aliexpress the price is $ 597,- and $85 for shipping. If I do my calculations right the price for this set would be $ 478,- (597-119) with free shipping. Instead you are asking $ 523,-. Please explain or don't make false promises to your potential customers.

HI Matthijs, sorry for confusion, for same configuration 683 originally on wheel far (shipping excluded), and it was 523 free shipping quoted to you (Discounted).

Usually prices are various from bulk order to personal buying and are different among platforms.
Last edited by kyleFu on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farsports
kyle(at)farsports.cn

kyleFu

by kyleFu

AJS914 wrote:They are also not offering the 20% discount nor the free shipping on disc brake wheels even though they are for the "road and 38mm". I was told, "wheels you want are very special of center lock + XD freehub." What is so special?

AJS914, sorry to make you confused, activity is only for Road wheels 38mm and 50mm profile, with DT350 and 240S hub. A pity that Disc brake wheels are not included this time.
Farsports
kyle(at)farsports.cn

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

got my light bicycle 45mm 25mm wide wheelset today.

blown away by the quality. i know they provide rims to a lot of brands who probably do not want to be mentioned

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Such as?
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PaulSD

by PaulSD

I've heard Speciazlied makes their frame and wheels in that city.