FarSports 38mm Carbon Clincher Review Thread, The

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kyleFu

by kyleFu

velomane wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:30 am
Hi Kyle,

I saw a few references to 20% off and free shipping from a year or two ago. Is this still available or do you anticipate having a similar deal soon?
HI Velomane, 20% off last time was only for some model.
11.11 promotion of this time is for the whole shop.

Promotion has started.
You can check wheelsfar web shop or Aliexpress shop directly.
Last edited by kyleFu on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farsports
https://www.wheelsfar.com
kyle(at)farsports.cn

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Kyle - I have a set of 38mm from 2013, via velobuild on order number w2fy6xlz2amuv.

Can’t recall if they were on a bitex or Ed hub, but one of the CX Ray spokes has just snapped. Can you tell me the spoke length.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velomane

by velomane

Kyle,

I sent you an email with some questions but I realized I forgot one: do your tubeless wheelsets (with spokeholes) come fully taped and with valves?

kyleFu

by kyleFu

velomane wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:53 pm
Kyle,

I sent you an email with some questions but I realized I forgot one: do your tubeless wheelsets (with spokeholes) come fully taped and with valves?
HI Velomane, for tubeless wheelset, both with spoke holes in rim bed and no spokes holes in rim bed are optional, wheelset come with 2pairs ceramic brake pads + 1pair skewer, vale is available for order if there is a need.
Farsports
https://www.wheelsfar.com
kyle(at)farsports.cn

velomane

by velomane

A question for the cognoscenti: will a 36mm tire fit on a Farsports 38mmx25mm tubeless rim?

Marin

by Marin

I'm riding 35mm Bon Jon Pass (come out to 36mm) on 18c rims without issues.

velomane

by velomane

Thanks Marin,

Anyone else?

JPJ109

by JPJ109

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone have a longer term report on how these wheels perform.
I'm in Adelaide, home of the TDU and as you can see by the racing its pretty tough on equipment!
I was considering the clincher with either White Industries (which I have already, and are bulletproof albeit beefy), or Carbon_ti..
Tnx

AJS914

by AJS914

I got a set of 50mm Farsports wheels a month ago. I'm really enjoying them. The quality seems pretty good. It's not hilly where I live so I'm not really worried about overheating brake tracks.

I'm really happy with DT Swiss 350 hubs. This is my second set and they seem pretty bulletproof. They are pretty inexpensive. The only downside I can see is the weight penalty.

I got caught in light rain one day and braking was horrible. (Using Campagnolo red pads.) It was my first time on carbon rims in the rain. The stopping distance was uncomfortably long on the first stop and it sounded like the rims were being ground down. I only had to stop a couple of times before getting home so there was no problem. It did leave me wondering what happens if you have to ride 20 miles in the rain with frequent stopping. Do you ruin your rims on one ride or is that just the way they sound, and no problem?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

My trusty 38mm farsports need to be trued. - first time in 6 years and 1,000s km. Question is, is the writing on the wall.....Image

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:55 pm
My trusty 38mm farsports need to be trued. - first time in 6 years and 1,000s km. Question is, is the writing on the wall.....

I'm new to carbon wheels, on my first set, but everything I've read says that when you've worn through the 3k layer to the UD layer, they're done. :thumbup:

Beaver

by Beaver

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:55 pm
My trusty 38mm farsports need to be trued. - first time in 6 years and 1,000s km. Question is, is the writing on the wall.....
I also think those are done. ;) How many 1,000s km have they seen and do you life in the mountains or flat?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Somewhere between the 2! Live in Surrey.

Have emailed Kyle at farsports to see if they have any replacement rims so I can recycle the hubs and spokes, if it is cost effective

skyboy

by skyboy

ubers wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:24 am
I recieved my Farsports 38 x 28mm clinchers yesterday (DT350 straight pull hubs, CX ray spokes). First impression is that they are a very classy looking wheelset - haven't taken them for a proper ride yet, but just rolling up and down my driveway they feel very stiff. Was happy that farsport included rim plugs for free (no need for rim tape!).

Weights (no skewers, tires cassette, rim tape):
Front: 665 grams
Rear: 875
Total: 1540

I put 25mm GP4000II tires on, which stretch out to 27mm when inflated to 90 psi. This is great for aero gains because it sits slight inwards of the 28mm wide outer rim.
They look great! I see your brake caliper has no problem with such wide rims. My frame has good clearance but I wonder would the rim be a tight fit for ultegra 6800 brakes.
Shimano claim up to 28mm max rim width but only with low profile pads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

Anybody has their 38 or better 45mm rims with 3k matte finish? Would like to see how they look on a finished bike.