Open mold wide profile carbon wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Velt

by Velt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Connor

by Connor

The new lightbicycle 56mm deep rims looks pretty compelling. Has anyone confirmed their weight? 460 grams seems really good for that depth/width

Jugi

by Jugi

Connor wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 am
Has anyone confirmed their weight? 460 grams seems really good for that depth/width
My pair’s weights were posted in this thread during 25th August. 459g and 464g.

Connor

by Connor

Jugi wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:39 pm
Connor wrote:
Has anyone confirmed their weight? 460 grams seems really good for that depth/width
My pair’s weights were posted in this thread during 25th August. 459g and 464g.
That's great, thank you!

AJS914

by AJS914

I contacted Kyle from Farsports. All of those links are Valid Farsports online shops plus their own web site: wheelsfar.com.

He said that all sites will have the 10% off sale on 11/11.

AJS914 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 pm
Kyle from Farsports who sometimes posts here has a signature that links to the 2nd Aliexpress store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325

The other one is:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/103713
(This one has a contact of angela@farsports.cn)

I guess they are all in it together somehow?

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember someone mentioned "Graphene Brake Track" buzzword. It's not ideal to add graphene to the brake track. The grooved track was solely introduced to improve stopping power in wet conditions. Needless to say, riders reported an increased noise level (e.g. similar to exalith and PEO treatment on aluminum brake track). In reference, per some tests and rider feedback, Campagnolo's proprietary AC3 brack track exhibit marginal improvement in wet conditions but worse in dry condition.

I'm looking at WR36C02 with graphene brack track www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-shape-36mm- ... tible.html. Has anyone experienced an improved performance with red Campagnolo pads? Essentially, I'd like to have stopping power on par with Bora wheels (without AC3 brake track). Is this possible or should I stick with LB stock blue pads? www.lightbicycle.com/Rim-brake-pads.html
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

JohnPeopleman

by JohnPeopleman

Connor wrote:
The new lightbicycle 56mm deep rims looks pretty compelling. Has anyone confirmed their weight? 460 grams seems really good for that depth/width
My LB RR56C02 weighed 470g and 472g. They are the disc brake specific flavour.

kyleFu

by kyleFu

Thanks AJS914.
Lots of friends enquire 11.11 promotion these days.
Yea, official web "wheelsfar" and all Aliexpress shops have 10% off on Nov 11th, just that day (24hours).
Kindly note promotion is based on USA time.
If there is query for promotion, rims and wheels for sites of signature.
Just let me know, my pleasure ~
Last edited by kyleFu on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farsports
https://www.wheelsfar.com
kyle(at)farsports.cn

Svetty

by Svetty

mpulsiv wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:57 pm
I'm looking at WR36C02 with graphene brack track www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-shape-36mm- ... tible.html. Has anyone experienced an improved performance with red Campagnolo pads? Essentially, I'd like to have stopping power on par with Bora wheels (without AC3 brake track). Is this possible or should I stick with LB stock blue pads? www.lightbicycle.com/Rim-brake-pads.html
I use red campag pads with my LB rims. In the dry, braking is on a par with most alloy rims - although a little noisy under heavy braking from speed. Wet braking is not quite as good but is acceptable to me as I try and avoid using these wheels if I know it's going to be wet and so only rarely get caught out when it rains unexpectedly. I haven't tried other pads though so cannot compare directly.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Svetty wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:53 pm
mpulsiv wrote:
I use red campag pads with my LB rims. In the dry, braking is on a par with most alloy rims - although a little noisy under heavy braking from speed. Wet braking is not quite as good but is acceptable to me as I try and avoid using these wheels if I know it's going to be wet and so only rarely get caught out when it rains unexpectedly. I haven't tried other pads though so cannot compare directly.
Thanks mate, that's good to know. I assume that the culprit of noise is grooved brake track. I could care less about wet braking. Ideally, I'd like 30-32mm wide, like Reynolds ATR wheels. Looks like 28-30mm in rim brakes is as wide as it will ever get.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

mpulsiv wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Svetty wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
Thanks mate, that's good to know. I assume that the culprit of noise is grooved brake track. I could care less about wet braking. Ideally, I'd like 30-32mm wide, like Reynolds ATR wheels. Looks like 28-30mm in rim brakes is as wide as it will ever get.
Wow, I've been waiting to see a textured brake track from the Chinese suppliers and wondering why it took so long. This is the first I have heard of it from LB, and also the first time I have heard talk of Graphene. All the previous models touted a basalt brake track and were totally smooth. The link you posted and further digging on their website failed to provide any pics of what type of "grooves" they are using on the track, the only thing I saw is the text reference in the specs. Have any of you seen pics of the new LB brake tracks?

s0ldats

by s0ldats

any recommendations for a decent alternative to the ENVE g27 wheelset? something that hits around or below 1500g would be preferred

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

TheKaiser wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:01 pm
mpulsiv wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Svetty wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
Wow, I've been waiting to see a textured brake track from the Chinese suppliers and wondering why it took so long. This is the first I have heard of it from LB, and also the first time I have heard talk of Graphene. All the previous models touted a basalt brake track and were totally smooth. The link you posted and further digging on their website failed to provide any pics of what type of "grooves" they are using on the track, the only thing I saw is the text reference in the specs. Have any of you seen pics of the new LB brake tracks?
I have been exchanging emails with LB regarding this matter. Search for "tech" and click on it www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-shape-36mm- ... tible.html
Apparently, High TG is better than basalt brake track. Based on my understanding, grooved track potentially creates noise and does nothing better in dry conditions.

* High TG: Our new resin system and construction method, combined with the 3k rim track, withstands over 280°C, dissipates heat, and lowers rim temperatures faster in between braking efforts. Gain confidence-inspiring brake performance on the steepest descents and wettest conditions with our matching brake pads.

* Graphene Brake Track : Graphene added to the rim brake track allows for greater resistance to overheating with improved heat dissipation and reduced temperature accumulation during heavy braking. The grooved track helps evacuate trapped moisture between pad and rim in the wet, and brings more resistance when conditions are dry so less force at the lever is required.

I'm still seeking answers whether angled brake track (e.g. max fairing width below the brake track) is a better choice when it comes to raw stopping power (e.g. rim brakes have an arc for a reason) and marginally aero? Doesn't brake pulse occur due to pad angle?

Cattiy

by Cattiy

wheels-56mm.jpg
Would be 25 mm Schwalbe Pro One Tubless to small and therefore too risky for this inner rim width?

Jugi

by Jugi

Cattiy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 pm
Would be 25 mm Schwalbe Pro One Tubless to small and therefore too risky for this inner rim width?
Check my post from August, it has got a pair of RR56C02 rims with 25/28mm Schwalbe Pro Ones pictured side by side.

After riding both 25mm and 28mm Pro Ones as a front tire with these rims, I can’t tell much difference. The 28mm has a bit more rolling mass and it’s logical to run it with a little less pressure, so it is slightly more comfortable or sluggish (which ever is the over-powering feeling). Neither one feel less ”secure” by any means.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com