New Bontrager Aeolus RSL/ Pro 37

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

Regarding the 37... If I intend on running 28mm tires on those, I'll definitely break the 105% rule, as the tire will probably inflate to about 30mm or so because of the 21mm ID, on a 28mm wide rim.

Would I loose any aero benefit and/or crosswind stability VS my stock, shallow bontrager alloy rims with 25mm tires? Is there a point in getting those wheels if I mess up the aero profile with big tires?

Envoyé de mon SM-G973W en utilisant Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ToileySiphon wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:11 am
Regarding the 37... If I intend on running 28mm tires on those, I'll definitely break the 105% rule, as the tire will probably inflate to about 30mm or so because of the 21mm ID, on a 28mm wide rim.

Would I loose any aero benefit and/or crosswind stability VS my stock, shallow bontrager alloy rims with 25mm tires? Is there a point in getting those wheels if I mess up the aero profile with big tires?

The 105% rule is not a hard rule and it even varies with rim design. You will not suddenly be at a massive aero disadvantage for using 28mm tires. Also if you care about aero performance, you’d choose the Aeolus RSL 51s instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nohands83

by Nohands83

If you want to run bigger tyres you could look at the RSL 37V, they're a touch heavier than the regular 37s but they have a 31mm outer width which would suit 28mm tyres more.

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

Has anyone here ridden the 51 Pro (non-rsl)? What are your thoughts on them? There is currently 2 online reviews available and they say quite opposite things about them.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

nope sorry