Low profile Front wheel, Bora Ultra 35 or Schmolke TLO30 w/ White Industries

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
mendiz

by mendiz

I am thinking about a front wheel carbon with maximum stiffness again this time in carbon. Schmolke TLO tubular has the option of 20,24 and 28 holes with hubs White Industries over Carbon Ti for reliability I think. But I think too Bora Ultra 35 is the other option. I do not consider Enve. My mechanic says that with 70 kgs 20 spokes are enough, but with experience of Rolf Prima Elan alu with 20 spokes I do not want another wheel with so few spokes although carbon is not alu.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

I would also consider Corima

mendiz

by mendiz

Thanks, @kgt, Corima are very stiff and sexy, one question, I use Meilenstein tubular 24 mm width with 25 Veloflex Roubaix. With Gipfelsturm do you use 23 or 25 mm tubular? I think that with 25 mm will be so much round the tubular around the rim,no? I did not think LW low profile because narrow width, and I thought they will announce low profile with width wheel but is not the case.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

kgt

by kgt

I now have 25mm both front and rear. I used to have 23mm front and 25mm rear for a few years.
IME 25mm is not too much at all. In the case of well glued tubular tires there are no negative issues. Just better grip and higher comfort. I actually prefer them to 23-25 combo although a 23 vs. a 25 make little difference at the front wheel. At the rear wheel the comfort provided by a 25mm tubular is more pronounced.