Spoke measuring help with carbon ti x-hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Hi folks.

I will start by saying i am new to this.

I have a 130mm carbon ti x hub rear hub. Straight pull, 24 spoke, and i plan to use cxray spokes.

My rim is a 56mm deep rim with stated 5mm thickness where the nipple seats before exiting the rim (il will verify).

Apparently the rears are a bit more difficult to sort measurements that the front. Can someone with experience give me their process?

(Full disclosure, a lbs is building it up, but the build has been sidelined as it is not typically straightforward, so i am trying to jumpstart with a little help). I am rural so options are limited. Around here carbon to is pretty boutique and not seen.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

http://spokecalculator.net

Input the hub geometry, supplied by carbonti is more reliable, or measure.

Erd is a measurement for the rim that changes with the nipple choice if you use internal/external/semi-internal.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

That's not a straight pull calculator. What the erd measured with the nipples you are building with Message me. On Monday when at the shop I can let you know the lengths.

The spoke hole to centre offset for this hub is 2mn which makes using the DT Swiss calculator possible.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

bm0p700f wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:19 am
That's not a straight pull calculator. What the erd measured with the nipples you are building with Message me. On Monday when at the shop I can let you know the lengths.

The spoke hole to centre offset for this hub is 2mn which makes using the DT Swiss calculator possible.
Thanks! Will be in touch

NickJHP

by NickJHP

The DT Swiss online calculator at https://spokes-calculator.dtswiss.com/en/calculator can calculate the spoke lengths for any straight pull hub provided you have the necessary dimensions to input: pitch circle left and right, flange distance from centreline left and right, spoke hole offset left and right, rim ERD. I've used it in the past to calculate the spokes needed for building some Hope RS4 SP hubs - I had to ask Hope for the hub dimensions because I couldn't find the information publicly available on their website, and they sent me a PDF with what I needed.

F45

by F45

It is baffling to me how many hub companies don't make their dimensions easily available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Carbon ti foes, but i had to decide a bit of it, as a few terms were different