Vittoria corsa g+ tub noise

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Hello all,

I've just started hearing a rotating noise on my vittoria corsa g+ tub's, it started with the front tyre but now both are doing it. It only happens around the valve stem position so its ticking noise on every revolution - not continous. I have read on hear that it seems quite common that valve area is particularly hard to glue on these tyres, has anyone else experienced this?

The glue job seems very good and tyre are secure all the way around with no concerned areas. They are mounted to Enve 4.5 ses rims.

Thanks, Scott

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Priit

by Priit

Use a piece of electrical tape around valve extensions or buy Silca extensions with ribbed gaskets.

scottmmw

by scottmmw

I don’t think it’s valve rattle, I already have the ribbed parts on. I’ve read the glue on the base tape around the valve is as secure and can cause the noise

sungod

by sungod

i had this the first time i tried these tyres, the tub lifts slightly away fron the rim at the valve, each rotation there's a noise as it sticks/unsticks

compared to, say, veloflex, there is more of a bulge at the valve stem, if the rim/valve hole lack any matching recess the tub may not glue well at the stem area, they are also easy to mount which means it's possible to fit even without proper tension on the tub when starting, then the lack of pressure lets the bulge lift the basetape from the rim more easily

cure for mine was simply to apply more tension when fitting, but others have reported they had to trim some of the basetape at the stem to reduce the bulge

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Cheers, thats more or less what i had read. It will be getting left for now until the tyre is due to come off.