Planet-X Nanolight HM - 5.63kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fa63

by fa63

Ramjm_2000 wrote:Very clean build! Nice!!

+1.

astranoc

by astranoc

Changed few things and it's now down to 6.26kgs.

Look Keo Blade Ti
Tune Komm-vor+ saddle
Extralite Stem
Tune skewers

I am also waiting for a Smud carbon seatpost, bottle cages and seatpost clamp (6weeks waiting!) which will hopefully bring it under 6.18. Now.. how to get it under 6 without losing an arm? :)

I am going to get some new pics on the next ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tinchy

by tinchy

This is looking great, definately get some updated pics!
Im currently building up a Planet X Superlight Alu frame, its had numerous 4+ star reviews, weighs approx 1300g and all for £199, even being the poor student I am I couldnt resist! Should build up to around the 7kg mark. :mrgreen:

astranoc

by astranoc

A pic for now, still haven't cut the steerer.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

cut steerer as you say, all seatpost un-necessary length already cut?

Leviathan

by Leviathan

tinchy wrote:This is looking great, definately get some updated pics!
Im currently building up a Planet X Superlight Alu frame, its had numerous 4+ star reviews, weighs approx 1300g and all for £199, even being the poor student I am I couldnt resist! Should build up to around the 7kg mark. :mrgreen:

Its lighter than that. Ive got a 55 and with Fulcrum Zeros, Red/Force and a real saddle its 7.2 - Beware though, I was not impressed with the fork stifness, really made it pretty wibbly wobbly on descents, and the headset bearings are rusted after a year. :roll:

tinchy

by tinchy

Leviathan wrote:
tinchy wrote:This is looking great, definately get some updated pics!

Its lighter than that. Ive got a 55 and with Fulcrum Zeros, Red/Force and a real saddle its 7.2 - Beware though, I was not impressed with the fork stifness, really made it pretty wibbly wobbly on descents, and the headset bearings are rusted after a year. :roll:

Really, mines an XL... have yet to weigh it. If you have a minute can you PM me some snaps of yours built up, its a similair build to what mine will be, just interested to see what it'll turn out like. Hell...if I can get it that light might just sell my TCR Advanced and free up some cash!

And yeah, Id heard dodgy things about the fork so got an Easton EC90 Aero fork off Planet X for cheap. :thumbup:

(sorry for off topic)

astranoc

by astranoc

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:cut steerer as you say, all seatpost un-necessary length already cut?

Will do, seatpost is untouched because it's going now in another bike, I am waiting for a Smud carbon one for it on the proper length.

Leviathan wrote: Beware though, I was not impressed with the fork stifness, really made it pretty wibbly wobbly on descents, and the headset bearings are rusted after a year. :roll:

Have to agree on that, the headset that comes with the bike is a bit meh, fork isn't the best either. I am contemplating of getting an Enve but might be too much and I don't even know if it fits.

kgt

by kgt

Replacing, headset and fork? :noidea: I would not invest more money on that frame.

astranoc

by astranoc

Headset has been changed since day 1 with a campag one, as for the fork it's probably too much for this frame, but.. well that's what I have so that's what I am playing with. Spending 2.5k for the frame I want is not an option.

astranoc

by astranoc

An update, sorry quick pic from the mobile, at last we had a nice sunny evening.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@astranoc

nicely done.
my only comment would be the zero setback post/saddle which seems a little odd.
other than that, it's a very nice built!

PS: don't bother comparing with the other builts in the forum, each built is unique in its own way.
it's not about having the best/most expensive/lightest component. built it your own way :thumbup:
it's always a fun thing customizing your own ride.

cheers!

astranoc

by astranoc

Thanks maverick_1, it looks a bit odd alright in this shot (or maybe it is anyway :lol: )

Here is another shot

I would really like to lose 200gr and get it under 6kgs but I don't know how to get there without spending something astronomical. I could get tufo tires but that would take away the fun to ride it. So I guess that's more or less how it's going to be... until the next one :)

astranoc

by astranoc

New stuff that are going to the bike:

Zipp contour sl handlebars
Smud saddle
extralite headset
Cannondale supersix fork
Carbon pulleys for the RD
kcnc c7 brakes
Mini i-links casing for the shifting
KMC 11SL chain

These changes should see it on the 6kg mark with the 50mm tubs.

With the 24mm tubs and the recon cassette I think it will be around 5.8, we ll see soon enough but I am looking forward to get it finished. I have a bit of trouble as the crown race from the extralite headset is larger than what the canonndale fork needs, so I am waiting a canonndale specific one.

hillrider

by hillrider

Nice bike astranoc.Im guessing your in Ireland?? Live in Dublin myself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com