For what ???
BACK IN BLACK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gumgardner

by gumgardner

fallen86 wrote:Ridiculous weight! Congrats. What bottom bracket shell did you go with and what cranks do you have in mind?

Thank you. :beerchug: It's designed to work with the AX Morpheus. It's basically a bb386.

Valbrona wrote:
gumgardner wrote: The Ruegamer was meant to be an "über" weenie build, but when the frame came in at 1087g I knew it wasnt going to be what I was looking for.

I admire your keeness to want to build what you call an uber lightweight build. Getting the first thing right would be a start, ie. the frame. Surely a frame with an integrated seatpost is lighter than a traditional frame + seatpost?

Not necessarily... my seatpost and saddle will weigh around 125g when done. Jure Berk is building me a nano carbon combo, using the Tune Speedneedle shape. Here are a few "in production" pics, as the parts were pulled from the moulds:

By gumgardner at 2012-01-18

caseycycling wrote:Wow almost a full pound difference b/t the Crumpton and the Ruegamer, you have got to be excited. Not that many 8lb bikes floating around out there. Are you going to use parts intended to go on the previously mentioned 18page Ruegamer build for the Crumpton frame? Or are you building the Rue as planned and getting all new uber light parts for the Crumpton?

I kept some of the parts intended for the Rue, but the uber-light parts were saved for the Crumpton. There will also be some tuning with the components on this build, which I didn't do on the Ruegamer.

Juanmoretime wrote:Very nice project. Are you going to NAHBS?

Unfortunately no. A lot of you guys and girls will likely see it before me. :evil: Be nice to it :wink:

campbellrae

by campbellrae

:popcorn:

mises

by mises

Damn, I may have to get a job again to keep up. :shock:

You should use a DT shifter for the f der to save some more weight, and none of that porky electronic shifting stuff.

donald

by donald

From the picture it really looks like a great frame from a great builder. I really admire Nick's work. Also a fantastic weight. I was wondering If that weight includes the front and rear derailleur hangers. ......can't wait to see more pictures.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

@donald...I'm not exactly certain about the weight being with the hangers. All I know is this was the weight before it was sent to the painter. Nick told me that the weight was sub 640g, so this weight 648g might include them. But like I said, I'm not sure. The matte finish will likely add 20-30g to the final weight.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

nice looking frame :)
i actually do not like the cabelstops as you could do them a bit more slimmed and lighter...but hey, not every body is perfect :lol:
just joking a bit....

will be fun to follow this build.

fallen86

by fallen86

with all the razor-blade work you do on your components i would have guessed you'd go with a nude carbon finish instead of a matte black... 30 grams in paint? blasphemy! :evil:

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

The frame is only few grams heavier than the frame from "World lightest bike" project.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

fallen86 wrote:with all the razor-blade work you do on your components i would have guessed you'd go with a nude carbon finish instead of a matte black... 30 grams in paint? blasphemy! :evil:

I've considered that...removing it will give me something to do though :twisted:

Fuchspk wrote:nice looking frame :)
i actually do not like the cabelstops as you could do them a bit more slimmed and lighter...but hey, not every body is perfect :lol:
just joking a bit....

Talk to Nick :wink:

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

like i said, just joking a little. he do really nice frames and stuff.
and i can see why he build them this way.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

@fuchspk: I was just kidding. :wink:

Here is the fork that I am going with...the extremely hard to find THM Scapula SP. This is the new, reworked model. THM no longer offers the "tuned" version. The SP is the lightest that they offer. This is the pic of the fork, uncut and before it was finished to match the frame.

By gumgardner at 2012-01-20

TOflat

by TOflat

You should have a poll to see who will guess the final weight when finished. (By the way things are going I'll say 8.6lbs when all said and done).

I saw the weight of the frame and now I want more!

nicrump

by nicrump

Fuchspk wrote:nice looking frame :)
just joking a bit....

they are 3 grams each. they are not as bulky as you think but they do have a lot of surface area because i do not want them popping off when you grab a ton of brake lever or stuff that front shift hard.
Last edited by nicrump on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nicrump

by nicrump

bikemaniack wrote:The frame is only few grams heavier than the frame from "World lightest bike" project.

but clearly has at least 4cm more head tube and seat tube to fit Gum.
Last edited by nicrump on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com