Trek 5200 refinish.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Your second bike is better than most peoples first bike.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

todayilearned

by todayilearned

ProfessorChaos wrote:Here he is with a few of his friends. Long hard day on the Trekster today. Raced a crit in the morning, then rode a hilly 70mile ride. It was a good day!

I like that Masi. Do you know what it is?
- 2012 Specialized Tarmac w/ Force
- 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5 w/ Ultegra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Your second bike is better than most peoples first bike.

Thanks. Some photographer got an awesome action shot of me in my crit race yesterday. I was suffering bad at this point.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

todayilearned wrote:
I like that Masi. Do you know what it is?

Masi 3VC Volumetria

todayilearned

by todayilearned

ProfessorChaos wrote:
BmanX wrote:Your second bike is better than most peoples first bike.

Thanks. Some photographer got an awesome action shot of me in my crit race yesterday. I was suffering bad at this point.

Nice. After seeing the setup on your bikes I always wondered what your position on the bike was.

You don't look as hunched over as I would have imagined and actually looks like a good riding position...

If only my legs were like that.
- 2012 Specialized Tarmac w/ Force
- 2012 Cannondale CAAD 10-5 w/ Ultegra

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

todayilearned wrote:
Nice. After seeing the setup on your bikes I always wondered what your position on the bike was.

You don't look as hunched over as I would have imagined and actually looks like a good riding position...

If only my legs were like that.

Yep, I have a very short torso, and long arms, and legs. It makes my saddle to bar drop possible, and actually comfortable.

As for the legs, I wish the right one wasn't all scared up from the BMX pedal slip up I had last fall. They always tell me things I don't want to hear as well. Stupid legs!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Is there a final build list?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Tinea Pedis wrote:Is there a final build list?

I suppose it is time to do that. I kinda neglected to do that since it is my B bike, it gets neglected as usual. Here it goes:

Frame: 2001 Trek 5200 56cm raw carbon clear coated
Fork: Renoylds Ouzo Aero
Headset: Extralite The Head w/ Syntace top cap, and black aluminum bolt
Stem: Syntace F119 100mm logos removed with Ti bolts
Bars: Syntace Racelite Carbon 44cm
Bartape: Fizik Microtex Glossy Black
Shifters: SRAM Force first gen
Front Derailleur: SRAM Force with red aluminum bolts
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Force with red aluminum bolts
Brakes: SRAM Force
Crankset: SRAM Force 170mm compact with black FSA 50/34 rings, and red chainring bolts
Bottom Bracket: Chris King Black
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Chromo
Seatpost: KCNC Ti ProLite 27.2
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow
Seatpost Collar: Thomson
Wheels: Spinergy Stealth FCC carbon clinchers logos removed
Tires: Kenda Kaliente Pro 23mm
Skewers: Zipp Beyond Black stainless steel
Cassette: SRAM Force 11-23
Chain: KMC X10SL

Nothing real light, just normal heavy reliable everyday parts. My Spinergy Skewers snapped the other day, so I decided SS over Ti. I had a KCNC seatpost collar at one point, and it broke too, so the heavier Thomson was installed. The wheels are my training set, but those are what is usually on it. My Cervelo S2 in my sig, is much more of a WW build.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Yep, haven't missed the previous dozen mentions of it being your 'B bike'. However like some have mentioned, it's certainly good enough for a lot of people's 'A bike'.

Any chance, even though it's your B bike, of a final weight please? And the cages that you're using? They look light.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Tinea Pedis wrote:Yep, haven't missed the previous dozen mentions of it being your 'B bike'. However like some have mentioned, it's certainly good enough for a lot of people's 'A bike'.

Any chance, even though it's your B bike, of a final weight please? And the cages that you're using? They look light.

Haha, yep I enjoyed it's days as my A bike too. I am pretty sure I could make it lighter than my S2 if I wanted too. The bars are 40g lighter than the Vuka Sprints on the S2, and a round post combo would be lighter than my aero combo. I've thought about making it a dedicated light climbing bike, but I think I was doing that, I would go with a lighter frame to start.

I've changed a few parts since I weighed it last, but I think it was 16.5lbs the last time I weighed it. I don't have a scale, but I'll ride it to the LBS next week and get you a definite weight on it. I knew I was forgetting something on that build list. They are "Edge" brand cages I got off of ebay. They started out at 21g I think each, and the stoppers at the bottom broke off, and then I started playing with them. I drilled holes, and removed parts of them, and got them down to 16g each. They hold Camelbak podium bottles securely, but all my Specialized bottles slip though w/o the stoppers.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Great final weight for a bike with still potential to shed more.

Very nice.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Thanks. I'll get a definite weight one day this week.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Took the Trekster to the LBS today. Came in at 15.54lbs, 7050g, so lighter than I thought. This was with the Spinergy clinchers, Garmin speed/cadence sensor and computer mount too, but no computer. If I put my Zipps on it would be UCI illegal. :) I kinda want to get it under 7000g now. I kinda would like narrower spindles for my pedals so I might just order some Ti spindles for them. That would get me about 62g lighter.

limba

by limba

I just stumbled into this thread. Nice job. I'll read everything later.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NAKaveli

by NAKaveli

Lookin good :thumbup: