Trek 5200 refinish.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:You have to strip the bars if you keep them, the forks for sure and the bike looks damn hot. Well done.

This bike screams at least one down tube shifter.

Thanks. I've decided, I am sticking with the Syntace bars, and stem I had on before. For 3 reasons, lighter, stiffer, better looking with bigger more traditional bend with horizontal top tube. The only thing the K Wings have for them is shape. I prefer the shape of them a little bit. I haven't even thought about stripping the fork, and absolutely not on the downtube shifter. I am also thinking about giving my KCNC crankset another go on this bike, instead of a Force crank. The weight weenie in me, wants that crank to work out this time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I'll get better photos soon. It was raining all day, and this was the best I could manage.

Timo

by Timo

Wow, that's stealth! Did you consider gloss black decals?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Timo wrote:Wow, that's stealth! Did you consider gloss black decals?

I am getting white outline decals made like this:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Nice! :thumbup:

But I hope your will change those botlle cages and remowe red bolts from the cranks!!!! Please do!

BmanX

by BmanX

Just a little splash of white on the frame and I think you are golden. Well done.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

majklnajt wrote:Nice! :thumbup:

But I hope your will change those botlle cages and remowe red bolts from the cranks!!!! Please do!

Someone else complained on another forum about the chainring bolts. It's hard to tell, but I have red bolts throughout. The derailleurs are full of them, and I have some coming for the derailleur adjuster lugs. The pedals are also red too. While I am a fan of stealth, I think there has to be a little bit of color.

munk93

by munk93

Very nice bike. But please take a sideshot without the computer or what that is.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Its a lap top ;)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

haha, it's a Wahoo Fitness iPhone ANT+ mount. Basically turns my iPhone into a super bike computer. My Garmin 500 broke, and I'm going to use this in the interim, and keep it as a backup, and use it for training rides. A nice side effect is I ride with my phone anyway except for races, and this keeps it out the jersey pocket, clean, and dry.

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Personally I don't think the cages match the traditional frame style - other than that, she's a beaut! Enjoy her!
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

generally i like it. i agree that the bottle cages look... uhm... crap! :noidea: sorry. try to get old bontrager xxx lite in ud-carbon. those would fit the frame very well. otherwise, i always enjoy the neat look of tacx taos or elite pases.

the only thing that really "disturbs" me are the red screws on the crankset. i would get rif of those. the fork matches the frame quite well, surprisingly well, i must say! btw, i had a look hsc3sl on my oclv frame in combination with a chris king headset.
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Put on Trek bat cages, tan sidewalled tubs. And remowe those red bolts!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

You guys are forgetting this is my beater bike. I'm not buying anything new for it. My main bike gets new parts, and they trickle down to this. Speaking of which an SLR Kit Carbonio is soon going to be making it's way on here from my S2. Those cages are actually surprisingly strong, and only 15g each since I tuned them down. They hold Camelbak bottles really well. You can't really tell, but the red actually looks quite good. I have lots of little red bolts on my derailleurs, and I have some coming for the small cable adjuster mounts on the down tube. I feel it needs a little bit of color to break it up a bit. This pic is from my other bike, but I have all the same bolts in my Trek, you just can't tell from the pic.

dcj9

by dcj9

can we see some nice shots when the decals are fitted :?:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com