2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

steff

by steff

Berk wrote:In process:

hello
really nice job
i'm looking this post with great interest because after very light bike project (4.2 kg cerveloR3SL), I decided to build aero bike (cervelo soloist)
this combo (saddle seatpost) is very nice and think that it will match perfectly with your bike
I would like to make the same one but I'm already at the maximim limit of the seatpost :cry:
professorchaos , I'm wait for your next update

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

What size is your post? Cervelo posts come in 3 sizes. I too, was at minimum insertion on my medium post that came with my 54cm frame. The post I sent Jure to do the modification was a size large two position, and it is exactly just long enough that it will still be at min insertion.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Berk wrote:Yes, I make the combos only with two "carbon wings" (one on the front and one on the rear side) already quite long..the layup is better like that and also the saddle is more comfortable - has more flex on the sides. If I'm right only the first 4-5 combos had "3 wings"...it was of course also ok, but just a bit stiffer.

Even better. I was a bit worried about lack of flex. Good to know you've already figured it out. The saddle is one place on the bike, I appreciate ample amounts of flex. It's like the only place really. I guess all the combos I've seen were the early ones. In any event, I am more anxious than ever. Great work, Jure!

I got a 2 wing combo the side flex is spot on.. Thing is more comfortable than the stripped SLR I replaced. Jure has the design pretty dialed I wouldn't worry about the comfort of your combo, your gona love it

steff

by steff

ProfessorChaos wrote:What size is your post? Cervelo posts come in 3 sizes. I too, was at minimum insertion on my medium post that came with my 54cm frame. The post I sent Jure to do the modification was a size large two position, and it is exactly just long enough that it will still be at min insertion.

I have the smallest one so I need to find a medium or large one to do that

BmanX

by BmanX

Steff,

If you can find the largest one then you can save more weight because you can cut off all of the metal on the inside.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

steff

by steff

ok
I already put combo on my r3sl and i'm really happy with it so I will look for that
Photo 782.jpg

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

steff wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:What size is your post? Cervelo posts come in 3 sizes. I too, was at minimum insertion on my medium post that came with my 54cm frame. The post I sent Jure to do the modification was a size large two position, and it is exactly just long enough that it will still be at min insertion.

I have the smallest one so I need to find a medium or large one to do that

Page 9 of this thread covers the posts we used, and how we measured them, and what not. You can just click here, and go to it.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=97556&start=120

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I cut 1" off of the Vukas today. Saved me 12g total 9g of bar, 3g of tape. So the Berk combo should be just what I need to get under 13lbs now.

BmanX

by BmanX

Awesome job. Well done.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Oh, I can't wait!!! Just get here already!

NGMN

by NGMN

ProfessorChaos wrote:I cut 1" off of the Vukas today. Saved me 12g total 9g of bar, 3g of tape. So the Berk combo should be just what I need to get under 13lbs now.

Hey PC, do you mean 1/2" from each side for a total of 1" total; or 1" from each side?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

NGMN wrote:Hey PC, do you mean 1/2" from each side for a total of 1" total; or 1" from each side?

I cut 1" from each side, or 2" total. That last inch is a waste in my mind. Never grip it that low, plus it looks better.

BmanX

by BmanX

You changed the title from

"2011 Cervelo S2 aero and going sub 6.0kg very soon!"

To

"2011 Cervelo S2 aero and going sub 5.9kg very soon!"

But it should be

"2011 Cervelo S2 aero and going sub 13 lbs. very soon!"

You need to go sub 5896g for sure. 12 is such a nice number.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:You changed the title from

"2011 Cervelo S2 aero and going sub 6.0kg very soon!"

To

"2011 Cervelo S2 aero and going sub 5.9kg very soon!"

But it should be

"2011 Cervelo S2 aero and going sub 13 lbs. very soon!"

You need to go sub 5896g for sure. 12 is such a nice number.

What are you talking about? This is an international forum, and you are Canadian. Do you even know what a pound is? :P