Cannondale Evo 63cm - Final Build Photos

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BornaRuffian

by BornaRuffian

Wow. I think this is the first build I have seen which madfibrer wheels and a 63cm frame look really good :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Stellar build! I'm always impressed when someone makes a large road bike look "proper" without compromising a good fit. Really great, but oh Lordy my eyes hurt from seeing the chain on the small ring :). No worries, your build makes up for it and all is forgiven. And do let us know what you think of those madfibers in terms of harshness and handling in crosswinds. But they do look good on this build!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

hna

by hna

That's a big frame :shock:

Congratulations on the new ride though! That's probably the best looking build I have seen with a 63cm frame :thumbup:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

By the way, what is the drop from top of saddle to the top of your bars? I know I couldn't ride it, I'm just curious.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bencolem

by bencolem

Beautifully done. Given your extraordinary attention to detail, I can probably get away with saying that the only thing I'd consider changing is the Matt finish on the stem - needs a gloss finish to compliment the bars and top tube...

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Calnago wrote:By the way, what is the drop from top of saddle to the top of your bars? I know I couldn't ride it, I'm just curious.

My drop is 14cm. I'm a fairly flexible guy. Love the Colnago by the way, makes me want to get on Campy.

bencolem wrote:Beautifully done. Given your extraordinary attention to detail, I can probably get away with saying that the only thing I'd consider changing is the Matt finish on the stem - needs a gloss finish to compliment the bars and top tube...

I realized that about the stem. I see a Zipp SL Speed stem in my future. I just have to weigh spending money on bike components vs. camera equipment…life is so tough

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

Wow, great build. The bike looks amazing and well proportioned. Congrats!

slyboots

by slyboots

Usually large bikes look... ughm... different. But yours looks very balanced, I like it. Great job! :thumbup:

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Deep wheels really help a giant frame look proportional.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Wow! :shock:

I dare to say its rare that such a big bike looks so damn good! :beerchug:

johnsonj718

by johnsonj718

your bike is gigantic! I have the same bike minus the wheels. Those weeks give it a very unique look!

veloryan

by veloryan

Your Evo is a great looking bike, I just can't get in to the Mad Fiber wheels. Would love to see some pics with some Enve's of the same depth or even Zipp's.

fastrow23

by fastrow23

veloryan wrote:Would love to see some pics with some Enve's of the same depth or even Zipp's.

I'd love to have a set of Enve Smart 6.7 tubulars. They would add nearly a pound to the weight but the unidirectional finish is much more appealing. I think that Mad Fiber's only weakness is the unattractive 12k weave. Otherwise these wheels are flawless.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I never liked the Madfibers, but this is the second bike here now after the Willier that looks just plain awesome with them!

lirek15

by lirek15

That's just solid. Amazing build, large frames are much harder to pull off and you nailed it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com