Cannondale Evo 63cm - Final Build Photos

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fastrow23

by fastrow23

tallmtnbiker wrote:Do I dare ask how this bike rides? :D Big bikes can be a handful on steep, winding and bumpy descents.

The best bike I've ridden. It's very comfortable over the roughest roads. Anytime you want to jump on it and put the hammer down, it responds. The wheels make a big difference too. This is my first set of truly light weight wheels and the sensation when going uphill is astounding. I can feel the bike wanting to keep surging forward even when I'm tired and out of gas.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fastrow23

by fastrow23

mythical wrote:That's one good looking bike, especially for someone that tall! :thumbup: The DLC chain also really makes a big difference and I'm tempted to go that way myself. Any pic with the new stem?

The DLC chain is great. Shifting performance is top notch. It's one fault that I seem to notice is the noise factor. I feel like I can hear the connecting plates every time they spin around the cassette. The chain looks great, the black finish is holding up perfectly, shifting is excellent, but I miss having a quiet drivetrain; when it comes time for a new chain I think I'll stick with Dura Ace.

I didn't take any photos when I had the new stem on. It looked good, the glossy finish on the stem meshed well with the glossy black areas of the frame. I did not like how the Zipp logo on the side of the stem looked with the rest of the bike though. The colors matched but something in the flow of the frame's graphics and the stem's graphics did not mesh. All of this is beside the fact that the stem just didn't work for me.

jever98

by jever98

Hi Fastrow - out of curiosity, how high do you ride your saddle and how much drop?
----
No longer in the industry

fastrow23

by fastrow23

jever98 wrote:Hi Fastrow - out of curiosity, how high do you ride your saddle and how much drop?

My saddle height is 86.5cm and I ride with a 14cm drop.