Vintage Weenie - Chesini Precision

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
micky
Posts: 4681
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

My latest vintage project.
It will be assembled with Super Record (no big surprise here).

Image

by Weenie


KB
Posts: 3868
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Location: HULLGARIA UK

by KB

How old Micky? Can't remember the last time I saw downtube shifters on the top of the tube as opposed to the side. Sounds like a very interesting project.

User avatar
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:21 pm
Location: around Paris

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

:) Wow, this must be old but the paint looks flawless! Is that a Ducati or Ferrari red ? :mrgreen: :smartass:

Nice catch (NOS??)

Is the fork the original one? I thought that at this era, they were mostly doing lugged forks. :idea:

User avatar
Gazelleer
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: Netherlands

by Gazelleer

Wonderful! It is from 1983 if I am correct...

User avatar
wilson78
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:49 pm

by wilson78

Thats a sweet looking collection of steel tubing, will be watching this one with interest!
My Titanium Lemond (RIP):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Trek:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109635

User avatar
Roobay
Posts: 1958
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: On Pave

by Roobay

WOW it takes me back to when i was 24 and my mate had something similar, i rode a Tom Crowther then :thumbup:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

User avatar
Wingnut
Posts: 1855
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:41 am

by Wingnut

BEAUTIFUL! :thumbup:
"It's not the destination...it's the ride!"

User avatar
dadoflam08
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Southern Great Southern Land

by dadoflam08

Beautiful Micky - I'm trying to build something similar (fraction earlier) but finding frames in that kind of condition down here is a real challenge - you're in the right place for this project!
I too will watch with great interest!
What wheels / rims you thinking of?
'83 De Rosa Professional |'11 Baum Corretto |'08 BMC Pro Machine >6 |'86 Pinarello Team |'72 Cinelli SC |'58 Bianchi |'71 Cinelli SC |'78 Masi GC |'83 La Redoute Motobecane |'94 Banesto Pegoretti |'88 Bianchi X4 |'48 Super Elliott |'99 Look Kg281

User avatar
Powerful Pete
Moderator
Posts: 4004
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.
Contact:

by Powerful Pete

Beautiful.

How much does the frame weigh?

I remember lusting after frames that had "aero lever" mounts in the day. They were sooooo cool. :D
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

User avatar
Tinea Pedis
Posts: 8445
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Location: Geelong
Contact:

by Tinea Pedis

Micky that is fabulous!

Dman
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

by Dman

Racing red! Can't wait to see this build as I'll be doing something similar soon
_________________
The more I ride, the less I spend

tarz
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 4:42 am
Location: Great southern land

by tarz

Fantastic frame!

Is that original Super Record or new Super Record 11???

If original, open pros or ambrosio rims on polished silver record hubs would set it off, actually that being said even if its new 11 speed it'll look amazing!

Eagerly anticipating this one!

User avatar
micky
Posts: 4681
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

Thanks guys!
Didn't expect so much appreciation. :D

KB wrote:How old Micky? Can't remember the last time I saw downtube shifters on the top of the tube as opposed to the side. Sounds like a very interesting project.


1983 as you see in the picture below.
The downtube shifters indeed are one of the nicest things in this frame and as you can see on the pic below it was a sort of "aero frame".

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote::) Wow, this must be old but the paint looks flawless! Is that a Ducati or Ferrari red ? :mrgreen: :smartass:

Nice catch (NOS??)

Is the fork the original one? I thought that at this era, they were mostly doing lugged forks. :idea:


The paint is the original color. ;)
Fork as well but unluckily the silver is a bit ruined and if I'll find another Chesini fork in a better condition (and obviously same years) I will change it.

Gazelleer wrote:Wonderful! It is from 1983 if I am correct...


Indeed it seems to be a 1983 frame.

Image

Powerful Pete wrote:Beautiful.

How much does the frame weigh?

I remember lusting after frames that had "aero lever" mounts in the day. They were sooooo cool. :D


I forgot to weight honestly! :idea:

dadoflam08 wrote:Beautiful Micky - I'm trying to build something similar (fraction earlier) but finding frames in that kind of condition down here is a real challenge - you're in the right place for this project!
I too will watch with great interest!
What wheels / rims you thinking of?


I have a pair of wheels ready for this beauty with SR hubs but can't remember exactly what are the rims.
I will get back to this one.

tarz wrote:Fantastic frame!

Is that original Super Record or new Super Record 11???

If original, open pros or ambrosio rims on polished silver record hubs would set it off, actually that being said even if its new 11 speed it'll look amazing!

Eagerly anticipating this one!


Original SR. :wink:

User avatar
micky
Posts: 4681
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

Got some stickers to replace the bad/ruined ones.

Image

User avatar
Powerful Pete
Moderator
Posts: 4004
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:22 am
Location: Lima, Peru and occasionally in the Washington DC area.
Contact:

by Powerful Pete

Micky, I cannot wait. Did you find a nice original SR group?

Dove? :unbelievable:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...pastatrails.blogspot.com
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post