CAAD 10 63cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CapoMele

by CapoMele

fastrow23 wrote:With the Hollowgram crankset installed the bike now come in at 6.48kg. Only 130g to go before I can get under 14lbs!

I must say you've done quite a nice job with your Caad 10. It really got me interested in buying one. I was wondering how many grams you managed to save using the Hollowgram crankset. If you look a the pictures there is only a six gram difference. Is that correct?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kdanny1

by kdanny1

nice bike!! but i dont like this wheels.
light and lighter...

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Some updates to my CAAD 10 as I have cannibalized some components for my Evo. The CAAD 10 will be my everyday ride so I've put a new training wheelset on. The wheels use HED Belgium C2 32 hole rims, brass nipples, pink Chris King R45 Ceramic hubs and Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires. I've reverted to the original Sram Force brakes, replaced the Keo Blades for Keo 2 Max Carbon pedals and put on a fresh pair of Arundel Mandible cages in a matte unidirectional finish. I also changed my saddle from a Fizik Aliante to a Fizik Antares. One of my friends recently got a Cannondale Evo Ultimate and gave me the Antares 00 saddle that comes with it as he rides a different saddle. My only complaint with it is the red stripes, I'll have to figure out how to make those black in the near future. The new weight is 7.50kg as you see it. To the pictures:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice, I like it a lot. The Belgiums really go well with the frame. Tough to get a good looking overall build in the larger frame sizes but you've done it. And nice photos :thumbup:
Oh, and I bet a quick rub with some acetone on a cotton ball will make quick work of those red accents on the saddle if you really don't like them, but probably a good idea to test a small section first.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

yrodriguez317

by yrodriguez317

What if, and is just an idea, you leave the saddle out in the sun a bit. would the stripes turn pink?

I *f##k* love this bike, and your other bikes as well.

Full build pics of the evo please, gogo

fastrow23

by fastrow23

yrodriguez317 wrote:Full build pics of the evo please, gogo

I'm still waiting on a few parts for the Evo. I will post a few partial build photos in the next day or two.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

This is the finest CAAD10 I've ever seen! I am seriously contemplating tearing down my build and getting it sprayed matte black......I have pretty much the same wheelset, and I am loving the look! :beerchug: :thumbup:

fastrow23

by fastrow23

So I managed to get an all black Fizik Antares 00 saddle. The weight came in at 131g which puts it at 4g under claimed spec. Can't complain about that and it looks great too. I'll upload a complete bike photo shortly. Here's the saddle: