CAAD 10 63cm

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Miller76 wrote:Apologies if you've been asked this before, how much do you weigh?

I'm 6'5" and 200lb.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blastississimo

by blastississimo

I, too, have a Caad10 but with 105 parts. Would you recommend me upgrading my parts to Sram Force... because I'm incredibly interested in the group. Some people say that it would be best to just sell the Caad10 5 rather than upgrade the parts and keep the frame... what are your opinions?

fastrow23

by fastrow23

blastississimo wrote:Would you recommend me upgrading my parts to Sram Force...

I would recommend swapping out wheels first. You'll notice the greatest performance gain by getting a nicer set of wheels. The amount of money you would spend on switching your 105 components to Force components could very well be equal to that of a pretty decent set of wheels. While switching from Shimano to Sram will offer noticeable differences in drivetrain operation I wouldn't say the performance level changes too much. Your shifting will happen faster and crisper, your brakes will be more powerful, your components will be lighter, et cetera, but you would notice a new set of wheels far more. It's the easiest way to shave weight off your bike.
Would you be trying to swap out all of the 105 components of just a few pieces? What is your budget?

Dorpel

by Dorpel

Hi there, where did you buy these hollowgram sl?

fastrow23

by fastrow23

Dorpel wrote:Hi there, where did you buy these hollowgram sl?

http://www.cadencecycling.com/

Give them a call, everyone is very helpful

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Awesome thread, awesome bike! I love seeing how it has progressed. Looks great and weighs great; nice one!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

fastrow23 wrote:New brakes - TRP 970SL

Any word on the brakes? Are you doing mountains? My KCNC C7s don't cut it when it comes to switchbacks.

Nice build too, interesting, kinda.

fastrow23

by fastrow23

wassertreter wrote:
fastrow23 wrote:New brakes - TRP 970SL

Any word on the brakes? Are you doing mountains? My KCNC C7s don't cut it when it comes to switchbacks.

Nice build too, interesting, kinda.

The brakes are fantastic. There aren't any mountains out where I am but I definitely hit descents of 40+ mph all the time. They grip extremely well with the supplied sram/shimano red pads on my aluminum clincher training wheels. I was really surprised how well they performed with cork pads on my carbon rims. Great stopping power and extremely low modulation although that may have more to do with the wheels and pads than the brakes.

I would buy these again in a heartbeat. I really have no complaints and I'm 800 miles into these brakes.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

i have a 52 and your bike is almost 3 lbs lighter!

btw - i've been looking for a headset cap that will get me lower than the 2.5 cm of the stock CAAD10 cap. what FSA headset cap are you using?

fastrow23

by fastrow23

r_mutt wrote:what FSA headset cap are you using?

I am actually not sure. I got this dust cap when I was getting fit at my LBS. I have researched it as much as I can but I can't find a model name or number anywhere. It must be an older model as it is not currently available from FSA.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

That's an excellent weight!

Alloy bikes ftw

majklnajt

by majklnajt

My next bike is a CAAD10 !!!!!!!!!

Well done, hats off!! :thumbup:

Guymk

by Guymk

You just cannot beat a caad10 with a hollowgram crank.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

thanks for effort. my bike aspires to be like yours!

ahumblecycler

by ahumblecycler

fastrow23 wrote:
r_mutt wrote:what FSA headset cap are you using?

I am actually not sure. I got this dust cap when I was getting fit at my LBS. I have researched it as much as I can but I can't find a model name or number anywhere. It must be an older model as it is not currently available from FSA.

You can get any manufacturer - Cane Creek, FSA, etc. - as long as the top cap is 42OD. I have a Cane Creek 15mm on mine now :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com