my bikes

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Got a new platform for my Reynolds SDV66c's ;-)

Gazelle Silhouet 2011, Campagnolo Record 11s

Inspired by the old 1984 Skala team AA-special, I had it custom painted by Gazelle (thanks Peter!). The seatpost is temporarily borrowed from my Dambala and will be replaced by something more road-like. Haven't cut the steerer to its final length yet so comments about spacer stacks are of no use. ;-)

Initial impressions are that the frame - not surprizingly - is not as stiff as the Scott CR1 but it offers good bottom bracket stiffness. Torsional rigidity is lower, likely due to the thin and narrow seatstays, but sufficient and makes for a comfortable ride. After hearing some stories about Campa 11s being hard to adjust and keep adjusted I must say that I am quite impressed with the 2011 incarnation. It shifts very smooth and precise, a clear improvement over Record 10 speed on my Gazelle Démax.

Image Image Image Image Image

The Scott is now equipped with my other set of wheels and features a Dura Ace Di2 shifting set. I really like Di2; front shifting is without a doubt the best on the market. Rear shifting is precise but not a fast as I think it could be. I do feel that there is more potential in the system here. In its current form the ingenious overshift-and-retract only works when shifting towards smaller cogs and only on the five smallest sprockets. I have a feeling however that it could shift much faster if it did the same thing shifting towards the larger sprockets.

Image Image Image Image