Cervelo R5 size 56. Mission Complete Pics on Page 4 !!!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
eigner
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Denmark

by eigner

Very, very nice! I love the attention to details, such as the green SRAM parts. Unique and cool!
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

@ Eigner

Agree with you..small cheap detail but great effect and gives the bike a unique look.
cockpit.jpg
seat.jpg
rearbreaks.jpg
compi.jpg
compi.jpg
differentangle.jpg
seatcollar.jpg
drivetrain.jpg
rd.jpg
fronttriangle.jpg
lovelycurves.jpg
BACK IN BLACK

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

And please keep attention to the expensiest bidons i ever own :mrgreen:
withthenewbottles.jpg
BACK IN BLACK

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

With my Fulcrum RS..they are waiting for a Fulcrum 2012 Dark Label upgrade.
rs.jpg
BACK IN BLACK

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

So after 300 km first impression to you.


It´s different than my Cdale Super6 2010.

More relax position on the bike, the bar is 1,5 cm higher.

Front feels not so stiff than the super6 cockpit, maybe of the 18 hole front wheel.

BB area i feel no differnce.

The Enve custom wheels are awesome. Rear wheels feels as stiff as my Racing Speed or Bora Ultra-

Breaking on the with the new Reynolds Pads are a new level of breaking on carbon wheels . A winner setup.

SRAM Group with KMCSL Chain and Record Titanium Cassette works perfect no noise or shifting issues.

It is not so hard as my super 6..means comfort in front and rear is much higher.

It is definetly a long range bike than a race bike like my super 6.

All settings are done, pic shows the final setup.
Just my 2 cent.
144.JPG
BACK IN BLACK

User avatar
Calnago
Posts: 5788
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 pm

by Calnago

Really well done Marlon! Nicely set up and I especially like what you did witht the wheels. I was really hoping to build some similar wheels with the Campagnolo hubs, but I ran into a dilemma. The rear would be fine with the 24 hole Neutron Ultra Two hub, but for the front I would have had to go with the 18 hole Bora hub. The 22 hole Neutron Ultra Two hub would be perfect but Enve doesn't make a 22 hole rim and for the 45mm profile I really wanted at least 20 spokes in there as I'm pushing 195lbs (88kg) and find that anything less can feel a bit sketchy under pressure. My Bora Ultra Two's feel ok but they are a little deeper profile again than the Enves. Please let us know after you've got some more miles on the bike if you think the flex in the front end compared to your SuperSix is due to the 18 spoke front wheel or the frame. Would be awesome if you could test it with a beefier wheel up front to see if that makes a difference. And good to hear about the fine braking with the Reynolds blue pads on the new ENVE rims. Did you get some of the new ENVE pads as well? That would be a very interesting comparison.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

User avatar
majklnajt
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Lenart, Slovenia EUROPE

by majklnajt

I would buy it if I had the money!!!

User avatar
Tumppi
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:41 am
Location: FINLAND
Contact:

by Tumppi

Nice build! One question? How you could feel comfortable on any bike when your saddle nose is tilting down so much? Is it possible to drive without hands on the bar?

I really like the wheel and thanks for that, now I know what to do my well served old hyperon wheels where rims are almost weared off. I will buy Enve rims 24/20 and build them with old hubs. :thumbup:

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

Calnago wrote:Really well done Marlon! Nicely set up and I especially like what you did witht the wheels. I was really hoping to build some similar wheels with the Campagnolo hubs, but I ran into a dilemma. The rear would be fine with the 24 hole Neutron Ultra Two hub, but for the front I would have had to go with the 18 hole Bora hub. The 22 hole Neutron Ultra Two hub would be perfect but Enve doesn't make a 22 hole rim and for the 45mm profile I really wanted at least 20 spokes in there as I'm pushing 195lbs (88kg) and find that anything less can feel a bit sketchy under pressure. My Bora Ultra Two's feel ok but they are a little deeper profile again than the Enves. Please let us know after you've got some more miles on the bike if you think the flex in the front end compared to your SuperSix is due to the 18 spoke front wheel or the frame. Would be awesome if you could test it with a beefier wheel up front to see if that makes a difference. And good to hear about the fine braking with the Reynolds blue pads on the new ENVE rims. Did you get some of the new ENVE pads as well? That would be a very interesting comparison.



Trust me, 18 in The Front are enough!

I als got beteten 78-85 Kilos and no Problem with The Front Wheel!

Think Today i will try The RS so i can Tell you something about Front stiffness!

Cheers
BACK IN BLACK

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

Tumppi wrote:Nice build! One question? How you could feel comfortable on any bike when your saddle nose is tilting down so much? Is it possible to drive without hands on the bar?

I really like the wheel and thanks for that, now I know what to do my well served old hyperon wheels where rims are almost weared off. I will buy Enve rims 24/20 and build them with old hubs. :thumbup:


That Must Be The angle of The pic!

The saddle Is Nearly parallel to The Street!

Look into The on The road Today Thread there you can See that i can Put The Hands off The bar ;0)

Good decision for your old hyperon Hubs :thumbup:
BACK IN BLACK

lcoolb
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia / The Hague, Holland

by lcoolb

Wonderful bike, love the attention to details! :thumbup: Funny, to see SRAM Red parts in green...
One question though: what was your reason to choose Rotor cranks and use 'normal' (non-ellyptical) chainrings?

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

lcoolb wrote:Wonderful bike, love the attention to details! :thumbup: Funny, to see SRAM Red parts in green...
One question though: what was your reason to choose Rotor cranks and use 'normal' (non-ellyptical) chainrings?



The Frameset comes with Rotor 3D+
cranks and non elliptical Rotor chainrainrings!

The 53 chainring has some Ugly Silver painting that it Looks like elliptical so i paint it all Black !
BACK IN BLACK

User avatar
dopesick187
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 1:07 pm
Location: Holmfirth

by dopesick187

Very nice build :thumbup:

MARLON
Posts: 1227
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am

by MARLON

@ all

what do you think, should this be a option?
option.jpg
BACK IN BLACK

User avatar
majklnajt
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Lenart, Slovenia EUROPE

by majklnajt

NO !

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post