Mr. Black - 5kg Budget Build (New Pics Pg.6)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Comanche_man wrote: I got the tires glued up and did 5 coats for each wheel and still came in under my estimate of 25grams of glue, not sure if I should be concerned or not.

Nope
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Comanche_man

by Comanche_man

Well today I went on my first ride on the bike and I have to say it was fun. It started out a bit rough since the saddle tilt and setback was not quite perfect since the saddle shape and design is different from the plain SLR's I ride on all my other bikes. Once that issue got mostly resolved the bike was great. It was only a 20 mile ride/commute but it was nice. The streets here are crap this time of year and the bike seemed smooth considering. This is my first carbon bike with most of my past collection being about 10 different Cannondales and some Specialized bikes, so the ride was different. The part that sticks in my mind, what I am assuming is the low mass of the wheels, is how easy the bike accelerated away from stop signs and lights. That and it is a weird feeling initially sprinting out of the saddle because the bike just moves so easily under my arms and hands.

Enough with the small talk, time for some pictures.

In the Sun

Brick Wall

Thanks for Looking.
Current Weight Weenies:
Cannondale Evo HM (In Progress)
Cannondale CAAD 9 - 6.44kg
Cannondale CAAD 5 Track - 6.55kg
Kona Kula Supreme Mtb - 8.97kg

Other Bikes:
De Rosa Primato, 1988 Cannondale Criterium, Cannondale CAAD 8, Surly Steamroller, YETI ASR

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Truly great WW build.

Well done!

wisgliebau

by wisgliebau

Friggin' sweet. Bravo! Enjoy riding it. 8)

zup

by zup

So So COOL, i am such an amateur....i just made my very first post, on any forum. Just stubbled upon this sight, so signed up and post my Parlee z1, but i am such an amateur, clueless to what some really do in creating their bike. I did not know to what depth one can go!!!!

This is quite the piece of ART.

Alfonze

by Alfonze

The derailleurs must go black aswell, then it will be perfect stealth:-)

maxxevv

by maxxevv

In the spirit of Weight-Weenieism ! :thumbup:

da123

by da123

Love it. Super impressed with the effort and skill that's gone into this! Enjoy!

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I also do like the bike a lot but one negative comment i have is that saddle...it's to delicate. I hope for you it'll work long enough since you tell that the roads are rough over there. My M2 saddle broke in the second ride. I weigh 70kg packed and the road was flat.
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

BmanX

by BmanX

I think the only way to improve on this build would be a Record front derailleur and a Sram Red (black) rear derailleur and it would be amazing. I am in the process of looking to do the same on my black builds.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

USofChay

by USofChay

take a black sharpie to the yellow swiss stops please.

Comanche_man

by Comanche_man

Thanks for all the positive comments.

It's funny that the black derailleurs has been mentioned. Before I went with what I have I fully considered getting a Tour Ed. Red RD and Record FD, but two things swayed my decision. The first was that I thought there might be too many black parts and the silver would be a nice way to break things up and the second was the cost. Who knows, I might sell the derailleurs later on it and go that route someday.

USofChay:
I made that exact comment to my riding buddy while I was building the bike. The SwissStops are going to be replaced shortly with the new Reynolds Blue pads, so it won't be an issue.
Current Weight Weenies:
Cannondale Evo HM (In Progress)
Cannondale CAAD 9 - 6.44kg
Cannondale CAAD 5 Track - 6.55kg
Kona Kula Supreme Mtb - 8.97kg

Other Bikes:
De Rosa Primato, 1988 Cannondale Criterium, Cannondale CAAD 8, Surly Steamroller, YETI ASR

boss155

by boss155

Love it!

marcusp

by marcusp

Great job, great story, great bike.
Well done Sir.
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Josh Billings

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com