Look 695

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ricarello

by ricarello

Hi.. just got mine... 695 SR - DI2...

killer bike... ultra light without effort... 6.4k with Corima MCC. but on the pict with zipp 808
look 695 di2.JPG

I have Alu handlebar and heavy dead cow saddle (fizik arione tri). for XL size i can touch 6k so easily.

Any questions :smartass:

ricarello

by ricarello

ok ok... i won't be lazy... here it is with the corima MCC...
I am not photographer... i know :mrgreen:

695 di2 MCC.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

This is a serious french combo! :thumbup:

maxima

by maxima

I would like to know what Torque you tighten your full carbon Front Deraileur Hangar?

2nm using Torque Wrench? :?: I'm very sure you have 50% of cracking the Carbon Hanger even at less than 2nm torque. :!:

Even it do not crack now, under installation, it might slip due to not enough torque to secure the FD (Unless u running Di2), else the front(FD) Carbon hangar will break/crack very soon with the mechanical movement/stress :|

Just be careful it won't break in a sprint or down Mt pass

My 2 cents....For more details, drop me a PM

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Beautiful bike, my friend just ordered a Di2 frame and I can't wait to see it in person.

bigredtrolley

by bigredtrolley

haven't seen a black one in person but been told its a very high gloss finish? any chance of some more photos?

fantastic bike though, and yeah, effortlessly light, even with 808s...

ricarello

by ricarello

maxima
... can't answer... my bike shop did it...

bigredtrolley
the black is shiny but not that much. honestly was little worried but it is matching perfectly well with weels if you want to compare (especially with the corima MCC).

AND FOR ALL!
Don't be foolish! it is semi integrated Di2... so you still have the wire under the BB... and i am very sad about that...
so the question is why? and I spoke to them:
1 - they refuse to make a whole in the botton bracket shell because it can weaken it
2 - the battery have to located under the bottle because the chain stay area is too humid (not true in Dubai)...
Copy (2) of Photo0029.jpg

Copy of Photo0026.jpg

eigner

by eigner

Two things:

1) Plastic strips on a 10k bike is just... :cry: (I have it on my Parlee aswell, but I would love to get rid of them)
2) Thats one gigantic hole you have in the down tube for the cables :shock: I would fill it with some silicone or so to prevent dirt and water from entering your frame.
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

ricarello

by ricarello

eigner wrote:Two things:

1) Plastic strips on a 10k bike is just... :cry: (I have it on my Parlee aswell, but I would love to get rid of them)
2) Thats one gigantic hole you have in the down tube for the cables :shock: I would fill it with some silicone or so to prevent dirt and water from entering your frame.

You are absolutely right! i have to do something for that hole...
If i don't do anything it will be full of sand :lol:

The guy from LOOK says that I am not using the right di2 cable... i told him that anyhow it will show under the tube...

But I LOVE MY BIKE !

kgt

by kgt

Any comments on Corima's MCC?
Are they as stiff and light as claimed?

ricarello

by ricarello

light for sure.
and very stiff...
the very good point is that there is no noise at all (not as zipp).

I don't want to ride my zipp (heavy truck) compared to the corima.
you can only be in trouble by choosing between LW and Corima... there is more difficult choice in life.

It also climbs very well.... i am talking about serious climb (10 to 20k)

My only regret is that i would prefer them 1cm deeper....

bennyc123

by bennyc123

I purchased a Look 695 Di2 before Christmas and I have been averaging 350ks a week including racing on it since. I'm 175cms tall and 83kgs, I'm a reasonable sprinter. I thought I'd share a few things I have found out in this time.

I have to say it looks amazing but there are a few issues I have.

Firstly the steerer tube must be cut perfectly or leave a little more room, the person building my bike cut it too short (they don't have insurance either) and now I have flex in the stem.

Secondly I have replaced all the chain ring bolts as I sheered the heads of three of the ones that came with the crank set. Even though Look my say they have specific bolts, it's in fact the nut end that is specific. I was able to put alternative steel shimano bolts in place.

Thirdly regarding the right cable kit for Di2 - Use Shimano EW-7973 (Full Internal but exits at battery box). This is the cable Look recommend. It still looks pretty messy compared with many full integrated frames, but the junction box is designed to protect the cables from a little bit of dirt. I was a bit disappointed with this but Di2 is worth every cent you spend!!

I'd be interested to know if anyone has made some form of cover to protect the cables between the junction box and rear wheel?? If so how is it made?

Racing and riding the BB is great, very stiff and smooth. On longer rides 4+ hours it doesn't get uncomfortable at all. I haven't ridden the SR version but would love to see how much difference 15% actually makes.

Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase but you definitely need to buy this bike or at least the frame from a LBS.

I hope this is informative.

bigredtrolley

by bigredtrolley

I had the same issue with the chain ring bolts with the bike delayed a day or so because the LBS sheared off one of them trying to put the bike together...

I have also had an issue with the internal cable guides in the down tube, apparently they have are crossed so when in the big ring the tension in the cable causes issues with the rear derailleur with the result that it sometimes jumps gears randomly...since I bought the bike interstate I haven't had time to get the issue looked at yet...does anyone know how hard it would be to remove and then reinstall one of the cable guides?

other than that the bike is brilliant, light, stiff and fast...worth every cent...

Vjl

by Vjl

I hid mine in the bottom of the seat tube all wires are in the frame.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300403991.570356.jpg

bennyc123

by bennyc123

VJL - How did you get all your cables in the frame, can you upload more pics?

The cables Look specify exit out at the bottom bracket. I'd love to have them all in the frame, would be much cleaner.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com