new frameset and seat post tuning 6.45kg update pics

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bikejunkie

by bikejunkie

Hi thanks.

Do you know the weight of the i-link/i-link minis complete fitted on the bike? I would like to know what sort of weight saving I would have.

I should be getting a 50t fibrelyte chainring and jockey wheels next month, should lose about 60g with that. If I could lose more with i-linksI might get those instead.

Cheers.

iainsheppard

by iainsheppard

I think the weight is about 140 grams for the i-links and mini i-links installed. But if you get powercordz as well you can get spastic weight :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikejunkie

by bikejunkie

Was thinking off getting powercordz, they are not compatible with my brakes though, but I'm sure I can get them too.

I will get the i-links soon.

Hows your build going?

iainsheppard

by iainsheppard

Build is going well :)

Just waiting on wheelset, seatpost clamp, CT2 chainrings, i-Links and then I can get it all together :) hoping to start in 2 weeks :)

jooo

by jooo

these BTP clasps are for AX brakes so you can run powercordz:

I doubt they would fit the Planet X brakes as is, but I imagine you can make something similar yourself?

bikejunkie

by bikejunkie

The area where the cable passes through is only wide enought for one cable to pass so won't be able to do the same as the BTP but I have my thinking cap on.

bikejunkie

by bikejunkie

A few more better pics

Thanks for looking. :thumbup:

YoKaiser

by YoKaiser

Looking great :D

iainsheppard

by iainsheppard

Looks awesome!!!

fa63

by fa63

Great looking bike, well done :thumbup:

Any ideas to switch out the shifters for something lighter? Microshift shifters are cheap and about 40g lighter (and I think they are compatible with the rest of your drivetrain).

bikejunkie

by bikejunkie

Thanks guys.

I know the shifters weight a ton. I have got mine down to nearly that weight of the Microshifters but I'm considering changing to Sram Red in black or Force. I only need the rear mech and shifters, should be around 140g lighter. :D
Looking about for good deals before I do

Looking at lighter wheels too, possibaly some 50mm carbons for racing.

Cheers.

YoKaiser

by YoKaiser

I got my RED shifters from a HK seller on Ebay, seller was 'revelationhk' very quick service. His price has went up a bit but you could try an offer, still cheap mind!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

hey BJ how did you get your SLR so shinny after removing the padding, also did you shave away any of the built up area underneath.. i have a SLR carbon flow and have skinned it 104.9g right now but i want it a little more shinny to match the gloss coated UD that my new z5 is gona have and think there is a fair bit of weight to be removed from the under side with the old dremel..

thoughts..?

bikejunkie

by bikejunkie

Sorry about the late reply, I clear coated after I took it off rubbed down with wet and dry paper first, it needs doing again as its looking a bit tatty now,
I left the built up areas for strength.

I'm thinking of getting some DA 7900 shifters will look better and will be bit lighter but not sure if it will work with my current front mech, Ultegra 6700.

What you all think?

Cheers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guymk

by Guymk

You could save nearly 400g by building your own wheelset. Get these hubs: http://www.bikehubstore.com/product-p/ul277fr.htm , I have them and they're great. Then get the Stans Alpha 340 rims. They are aluminum rims 22m deep and weigh 350g each. Then finish off the build with sapim c-x rays and alu nipple 20f/24r. You are looking at the following weights for the build

Hubs 277g
Spokes (4.5g each) 198g
Nipples (.33g each 15g
Rims 700g
Total 1190g

You are looking at $500 for a super light aluminum wheel set. If you really want to drop some weight thats a pretty good way to do it. Just have to learn to build wheels. It really isn't that hard. Many say to start out with a 32 spoke wheelset. You seem to be mechanically inclined so I'm sure you could do it. I am mechanically inclined and build a 20f/24r spoke wheelset for my first build and had no problems. Just do some research on how to do it.