Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

welchy

by welchy

maxice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 am
Has anyone had any issues with the saddle leather dye coming off? Mine has done c500 miles and the front section is now grey??
Yes having the same issue here, thinking whether to use some black polish etc to bring it back but don’t fancy turning all my bibs polish black :noidea:

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Maybe consider an arts and crafts store and get black leather die and foam brush applicator. Can maybe spot test.

maxice

by maxice

welchy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:11 am
maxice wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 am
Has anyone had any issues with the saddle leather dye coming off? Mine has done c500 miles and the front section is now grey??
Yes having the same issue here, thinking whether to use some black polish etc to bring it back but don’t fancy turning all my bibs polish black :noidea:
Same here, but you shouldn’t need to do this for a
Saddle that is a few months old!

This is my second one too, first one was scratched and it had a small hole in the leather.

Whilst it’s the most comfortable saddle I’ve tried the quality control isn’t so good

Ruben58

by Ruben58

Hey jure, any chance we’ll be seeing a saddle with the rails and shell in one piece like the pro stealth super light or cadex boost from you?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Ruben58 wrote:Hey jure, any chance we’ll be seeing a saddle with the rails and shell in one piece like the pro stealth super light or cadex boost from you?
Am curious about why you'll like to have that option; repairs are much easier if they are 2 separate pieces..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ruben58

by Ruben58

Kayrehn wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm
Ruben58 wrote:Hey jure, any chance we’ll be seeing a saddle with the rails and shell in one piece like the pro stealth super light or cadex boost from you?
Am curious about why you'll like to have that option; repairs are much easier if they are 2 separate pieces..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes, but it is also the point where A LOT of them break. I’d much rather have a sound construction that does not break than an easily repairable one.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all,
if there are any doubts or questions just drop us an email info@berk-composites.com. The leather cover of course wears after some use, it depends from all kind of conditions. We are also considering synthetic materials, but for now we stick with leather which is a natural material and of course there are some differences from each piece.
Ruben58 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am
Hey jure, any chance we’ll be seeing a saddle with the rails and shell in one piece like the pro stealth super light or cadex boost from you?
Yes we also already made some steps in that way - but we don't want to adjust the design to the manufacturing process. Some saddle manufacturers do that and in the end the saddle has to be slightly changed, which can be ugly or not as good as two separate parts. Our Lupina saddle for example can't be done like that because the shape itself.
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com

xDOMx

by xDOMx

Hi Jure. Have had an issue with my Lupina and have dropped an email to the ‘info’ email address.

Would be grateful for a response!

JKolmo

by JKolmo

@Jure: synthetic cover would be great, at least as an option!

zinedrei

by zinedrei

will there be a difference if i get a 150 Lupina padded instead of a 132 when it comes to comfort?
my fitter doesn't have a tool to measure the sitbones
i am using an smp well now and it feels uncomfortable, more like too narrow perhaps

will i experience discomfort as well if i get a saddle wider than what actually fits me?

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Anyone get white marks on their Lupina saddle? I can touch it up with a sharpie but am wondering if its delamination of the saddle?
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

rlanger

by rlanger

Berk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm
We are also considering synthetic materials, but for now we stick with leather which is a natural material and of course there are some differences from each piece.
Interested in a padded Lupina, but would never purchase one with a leather cover, so would love it if there was a synthetic option.

gfinkee

by gfinkee

rlanger wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:28 pm
Berk wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm
We are also considering synthetic materials, but for now we stick with leather which is a natural material and of course there are some differences from each piece.
Interested in a padded Lupina, but would never purchase one with a leather cover, so would love it if there was a synthetic option.
I think Jure dropped a picture somewhere in this theme about various different options in synthetic lather? I think if you drop him an email and you are willing to wait he could make it happen.

plasticol

by plasticol

What happened with the carbon wheels that you were planning a few years back? :cry:

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all, sorry for my late reply!

Regarding the white marks - it may be the clearcaot, which can separate from the surface (it can be because of a damage or clearcoat failure), for any issues, please just write to info@berk-composites.com and we'll take care. In some cases it can take a few days to answer, so your patience is much appreciated! But we always take care for our customers :thumbup:

Our wheel project - well I should share more details, and bring this topic alive. Will send some more photos soon. Basicly it all started already in 2015 (where the first photos in this topic were posted), where we already managed to make the wheel only as a tubular rim brake wheel. But as we all know, the cycling industry recently changed a lot! No more real "weightweenies", more or less all "aero oriented" and with all the disc brakes etc., a lot of things changed.
So I decided to wait a bit to see where it will go, and if I'm hones I'm still not sure! We do have all the knowledge, but have to invest smart in the development. At this moment we also have a monocoque disc wheelset with a clincher rim, targeting <1000g with that wheelset, and at this moment I'm the only one who knows how to make it. Planning to put them in production, as soon as it is 110% ready, at this moment still some more tests etc. to do.

I have to share an inhouse project, a SUB 4kg bike. It was build already and used for quite some (by my co-worker)time already, but as a 4,2kg bike, which will soon turn <4kg :thumbup:
I'll share more details soon. The frameset with the integrated seatpost and saddle has only 631g.
Last edited by Berk on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com