Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

maxice

by maxice

Klaster_1 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:37 pm
maxice wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:46 pm
For someone with sitbones of 120cm, I'm presuming I should order a 132cm seat?
Some people are shorter than your seatbones. I wonder how you managed to cycle before.
I like big butts and I can not lie...baby got back!

Sorry was supposed to be mm!

Js2

by Js2

tbgibson1990 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:14 pm
Hi Berk,

I though I would try commenting on this thread before starting another if it goes missed!

I recently ordered a Lupina oval railed saddle which I have tried to assembe in the side mounted Ritchey one-bolt clamp system.

As others have previously stated the rails actually measure 7mm x 8.4mm and therefore the saddle rock in the Selle style clamp for the Ritchey one-bolt clamp.

Firstly, have others tried to mount a Berk saddle in the Ritchey one-bolt clamp or is this not recommended?

Secondly, are the rails out-of-tolerance at 8.4mm compared to 9mm?

Thirdly, if the saddle should not be used in the Ritchey one-bolt clamp, my other bike with a traditional seatpost clamp is a time trial bike.. Has anyone tried to TT on a Berk Lupina saddle??

Thank you in advance.
Would love to hear Berk's answer on this. My lupina also doesn't hold well to my Tarmac SL6 seat post. It wiggles front and back and eventually will move further back after each ride. Tried higher torque + carbon paste to no avail. :noidea:

I ended up going back to my S works romin evo for that bike and had no issue with slipping.

ccache

by ccache

KCookie wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Most importantly what's the weight. 😀
Just weighed one now - 108 grams.

exctasy

by exctasy

anyone has any review on the berk dila?
thinking of replacing my fizik antares.
I tried the lupina, but i just cant get it to work for my ass

marek

by marek

exctasy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:43 am
I have Dila custom version (71g, no padding, round rails, grippy surface), see photos below. It is wide (160mm) version, earlier in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80684&p=1432499&hi ... a#p1432499.

Unfortunately saddle doesn't suit me 100%. I think that it is a bit too wide for me. I'm quite skinny (73kg @ 186cm) and it's wide nose is slightly uncomfortable at inner part of the legs. Saddle is also quite stiff which is noticeable for my sit bones after ~90 minutes of riding.

To it's defense: Since purchased I've rode it only 10-15 times. And always with break of 2-3 weeks in between. So it might be the case that my ass had no chance to adapt properly...

My personal conclusion: unique saddle, better for muscular riders (at wide size).

I need to point out, that quality and support given by Jure Berk is outstanding. So far, that I'm considering purchase of Berk Dila narrow version. But this time with a bit of padding... ;)

P.S. saddle is for sale. PM for details.
Attachments
20190411_181918.jpg
Berk Dila 160mm custom
Dila_on_bike.jpg
Dila on bike

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Wish the nose wasn't so wide on that Dila for sure. The one thing that stopped me from buying one.

coresare

by coresare

I have ordered the narrow version padded with round rails as of yesterday. Estimate will take 1.5-2 weeks to reach me. Will for sure provide my experience with it. The measurements of most of the nose seem a few mm skinnier than the PRO Stealth saddle I am currently on and enjoy.

My sit bone width is 109 mm wide. I wish they had some sort of guide to see who this saddle would fit. The 160 mm seems crazy wide for almost everyone.

DOUG

by DOUG

DOUG wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:44 am
Thanks @Gullholm. The fact that the 7mm round rails have held up for you gives me plenty of confidence. I also have the round rail version of the list on my road bike and even though I'm a lightweight at 62kg its still in the back of my mind whenever I hit a pothole!

Anyway 3 rides in and no complaints. Have hit some fairly gnarly (for XC) single track with no issues. Its such a great saddle Im glad I decided to go with it. And of course the weight is always a major motivator, 92g for a padded saddle with oval rails is pretty great IMO. My 2019 Scalpel is down to about 10.2kg now (inc pedals), time to find another 200g! 8)
Gah, killed my padded List on the weekend. I think they're fine for general XC riding but the design with the rails glued directly to the shell just isnt durable enough in the event of a fall which when you're racing is inevitable. Got hung up on a rock in a steep uphill rock garden on my practise lap and stepped off the bike, the shell popped right off the rails when it landed against a tree. I zipped tied it back on to try and get it through the race but I had to tension it really tight to hold it on and the shell collapsed where the zip tie was which was kind of expected.

All good though, not really a use case that they're designed for. Will keep the List I have on my road bike though as it seems to be doing just fine and its easily the most comfortable saddle Ive ridden.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Hit a small pothole on my commute yesterday (nothing extraordinary compared to what I've hit before), heard a loud crack, and it turned out my Berk Lupina padded rails have separated from the shell on the nose of the saddle. The mileage was at least 5k, rather closer to 10k, so the saddle had definitely experienced some ass abuse already.

Still hoping I can glue them back together with some superglue.
Retired bikes: Cervelo S5 2015 / Felt AR FRD 2014 / Cannondale SS HM 2014 / Scott Addict SL 2014 / Scott Plasma Premium 2014 / Orbea Orca 2008 / Look 596 /

ryanw

by ryanw

exctasy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:43 am
I've just got back from Spain, the longest ride I did was 166km and 3,800m on my new Dila 140 padded (107g).

It's pretty much perfect for me. I had zero discomfort and it very much disappeared beneth me.

Can't really ask for more than that. This is coming from a Prologo Dimension Nack which I just couldn't get on with.
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6,650g RIP
'17 Focus Mares Force 1 - 7,170g
'19 Cervelo S5 Disc - 7,460g

IG: RhinosWorkshop - Check it out for all my custom builds :thumbup:

:!: Ride Southern Spain Cycling Holidays *£445 for 7 Nights* :!:

Mep

by Mep

mrlobber wrote:Hit a small pothole on my commute yesterday (nothing extraordinary compared to what I've hit before), heard a loud crack, and it turned out my Berk Lupina padded rails have separated from the shell on the nose of the saddle. The mileage was at least 5k, rather closer to 10k, so the saddle had definitely experienced some ass abuse already.

Round or oval rails?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Mep wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:34 pm
mrlobber wrote:Hit a small pothole on my commute yesterday (nothing extraordinary compared to what I've hit before), heard a loud crack, and it turned out my Berk Lupina padded rails have separated from the shell on the nose of the saddle. The mileage was at least 5k, rather closer to 10k, so the saddle had definitely experienced some ass abuse already.

Round or oval rails?
I had this happen over a speedbump, but it happened on one side of the rear (on my third ride)... I do think there is an issue with the adhesive used and maybe the inherant flex of the saddle and the adhesive being too brittle. I used some JB weld for plastics and really lathered it on.. it's been good for a couple months. Superglue is not enough IMHO.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Mep wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:34 pm
Round or oval rails?
Round rails.
spdntrxi wrote:I do think there is an issue with the adhesive used and maybe the inherant flex of the saddle and the adhesive being too brittle. I used some JB weld for plastics and really lathered it on.. it's been good for a couple months. Superglue is not enough IMHO.
We'll see, I sincerely hope you're wrong on the superglue here :D :D
Retired bikes: Cervelo S5 2015 / Felt AR FRD 2014 / Cannondale SS HM 2014 / Scott Addict SL 2014 / Scott Plasma Premium 2014 / Orbea Orca 2008 / Look 596 /

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I popped the rail assembly off from the rear off my lupina, won’t say how my son managed it, reglued with Sikaflex urethane I would say about 12 months ago, been fine since. Must say he was a bit embarrassed and offered to replace the saddle.
BB

Coffee & carbon

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Actually need replacements for my Lupinas, and was wondering if anyone has been able to get in contact with Jure, or anyone from Berk? Sent a couple of emails a week ago, and still haven't received a reply.