Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

oldturd

by oldturd

Appreciate the response Jure! No doubts here and the saddle functions as expected. It's just superficial and you already help me sort out my previous UD Lupina. It's just the nature of the beast IMO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi!
For the future we have to focus on specific products, right now we mainly produce bicycle saddles and shoes. Our team is slowly growing and custom products are more problematic for us, so we are working on stock products so that we can deliver it in a reasonable time. Any custom product would take us quite long to finish because our production is full for weeks.

We will have some more news soon, also a new website will be presented in a few days (where also our new saddle model Dila will be presented, it is otherwise already available but not yet on our website).
There are a lot of parts in development and hopefully we can put some of them in production in 2019. Custom parts will be slowly replaced by serial products, where our aim is still to make one of the lightest reliable parts on the market, all handmade at our company in Slovenia.

We are happy to announce that our Berk Lupina saddles will be used on Colnago C64 Private Collection bikes:

Cheers!
Jure

by 573

Nice. 8)

Love my padded lupina so much that I ordered another one yesterday for another bike.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Delorre wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:45 pm
RyanH wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 am
@sychen it's already been covered in this thread somewhere. You can safely increase the torque since the recommended torque specs are for yoke type seatposts.
Be carefull, at 6nm with a 2 bolt Ritchey seatpost, I got an indent on one of the rails and a light 'crack' sound. Didn't go any further and didn't have any issues with the rail once fitted, but be warned 😉 With my last one, I kept it to 5nm. With my sworks saddles, I went to 10 or 12nm without any issues using the same seatpost, so I suspect the Berk rails, even the oval ones rated to 100kg riders, to be a lot less robust than heavier saddles. But you have to save on somthing to reach 70gr 😯
An odd experience because I have been using the Lupina on two bikes with the oval rails for some time now without issues.
One bike has a Berk ISP and uses the POP top yolks - for that I only torque the seat down with 5 Nm - no issues.
The other bike uses a Ritchey post with a single top plate and I torque the Lupina down to roughly 11 Nm - no issues at all, no complaints from the rails.
Now, I would say that my saddle rails are really balanced fore/aft in the respective clamps, so if your saddle is slammed all the way back or pushed to the front, you might want to consider a different post setback to balance out your weight on the saddle / post.
I am currently at 84 kg and an unpadded 150mm / oval railed Lupina at 74 grams is rock solid under me.
The other Lupina (padded, 150mm wide, oval rails, 104 gm) is as well.

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Berk wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 am
Hi!
For the future we have to focus on specific products, right now we mainly produce bicycle saddles and shoes. Our team is slowly growing and custom products are more problematic for us, so we are working on stock products so that we can deliver it in a reasonable time. Any custom product would take us quite long to finish because our production is full for weeks.

We will have some more news soon, also a new website will be presented in a few days (where also our new saddle model Dila will be presented, it is otherwise already available but not yet on our website).
There are a lot of parts in development and hopefully we can put some of them in production in 2019. Custom parts will be slowly replaced by serial products, where our aim is still to make one of the lightest reliable parts on the market, all handmade at our company in Slovenia.

We are happy to announce that our Berk Lupina saddles will be used on Colnago C64 Private Collection bikes:

Cheers!
Jure
Looking forward to the new website. I have a Lupina 3k gloss and LOVE it. Don't stop doing what you're doing!

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

Congrats on the OEM deal for limited edition Colnago!

That's a feather in your cap.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Was Roglic yesterday with your shoes in black ?
shoes seemed different than s phyre rc9 might have been the updated version but not sure

TurboTommy

by TurboTommy

Anyone tried the shoes and got any feedback?

Cheers

TARE

by TARE

romanmoser wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm
Was Roglic yesterday with your shoes in black ?
shoes seemed different than s phyre rc9 might have been the updated version but not sure
😉

romanmoser

by romanmoser

;)
Damn I could't get any quality screenshot at that moment

PrinceEdward

by PrinceEdward

Can I enquire about the UD 300mm Berk seat post weight that supposed to be? As I measured it and the weight is not at my expected level....
received_742347755971438.jpeg
我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I follow Berk's product releases and didn't even know they make seatposts. If there's no official news of this product on their site and this is a custom product, you should be talking to Jure directly instead of posting here.

You're probably trying to hard to up your post count, time to ease up on it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

Ive had one of his post for over a year now Weight is good. I changed the bolts to black TI and saved a little more. Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Anyone has ridden the berk dila ?
Will probably try it in a few months

Nothing to complaint about my s works power ,
But hey it's weight weenies

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

How do I get a carbon seat clamp to match my 4k glass Lupina in the USA? Order from Eric or from Berk directly?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com