Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

zefs

by zefs

I have a Berk Lupina 150mm for sale if anyone is interested, because of wrong size:
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 5&t=153798

cerro

by cerro

joeg26er wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 pm
Which Berk saddle for Off Road riding?
I am 62kg
I used a Lupina last year. So good I ordered one for my roadbike now too :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Verbal

by Verbal

What is the difference of shape between the Berk Lupina padded and the Berk list ?
Is it the same shape without the « hole » or « cutout »?
Thanks for your help

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi To all!

The main difference between the List and Lupina is that there is no hole in the centre on the List. In general it is the same saddle, only without cutout.

Otherwise Berk saddles are tested by the ISO 4210-2/4.16.4 and 4210-2/4.16.5

Our saddles are made for riders up to 100kg and we offer them with 7x9mm saddle rails, round 7mm are only on request. For any questions feel free to contact us info@berk-composites.com and we'll give our best to answer as soon as possible, thanks!

sychen

by sychen

Hi Berk

Had a little argument with gravel and some oil on top and came out the loser.
The biggest damage was some skin on me and the leather on my wonderful lupina.

A chunk was taken out but still rides without issue as it is not in my sit zone. See photo.

My question, should I attempt to repair/patch this saddle somehow? Will any rain that gets into the hole cause the padding to deteriorate? Or just leave it?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
sorry to see that, it is no problem if the water gets in, as long as you can still use it of course.
Otherwise just drop us an email, on request we can change the padding and leather cover (inside EU it's no problem, if you are outside EU then there can be some extra costs because customs)

sychen

by sychen

Thanks for the fast reply mate..

Being in Australia, it's not worth the bother to send it all the way around the world.

Thanks for the confirmation. Happy to keep using it. Was thinking of putting some duct tape across that wing but will probably damage my bibs in the long run.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

i would just strip the saddle down to the carbon and it will look like new again. the saddles with the padding ultimately get stripped down because they eventually come off and it is not worth the cost or down time to send back to be reupholstered....only to come off again down the road.

r3m

by r3m

I ride with a selle italia kit carbonio flow saddle since 2014 and i would like to remplace her by a berk Lupina. But i have 2 questions :

Can i try the saddle and return her if i'm not good on her?
The padded version is she really more confortable ?

Thanks Berk guys ;)

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

I had a small hiccup with my Lupina yesterday. I emailed Eric to ask what to do and within the hour I was driving home with a new Lupina. Eric really stands by Berk, and in turn, Berk stands by their products. It's nice to have such a great retailer like Eric in the US. I wish more retailers would take pride in the products they sell rather than let the manufacturer deal with any issues that might arise.

Rest assured that Eric will take care of his clients should the need manifest. It goes without saying, but I highly recommend him.

xDOMx

by xDOMx

HarrisonK wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:08 pm
I had a small hiccup with my Lupina yesterday. I emailed Eric to ask what to do and within the hour I was driving home with a new Lupina. Eric really stands by Berk, and in turn, Berk stands by their products. It's nice to have such a great retailer like Eric in the US. I wish more retailers would take pride in the products they sell rather than let the manufacturer deal with any issues that might arise.

Rest assured that Eric will take care of his clients should the need manifest. It goes without saying, but I highly recommend him.
I have certainly heard Berk’s customer service is second-to-none from others, too.

r3m

by r3m

Thanks all ! I just have to order now ;)

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I’m considering a Berk saddle but I would like one as close in shape to a Selle San Marco Regal if possible?

Can anyone with experience recommend one? Maybe the Hlod saddle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOUG

by DOUG

Hey anyone using a Berk saddle on their Mountain bike? I race XCO and XCM mostly and have a List saddle on my road bike, its so comfortable (and light!) I was considering using it on my XC bike, only concern would be durability on rougher terrain or in the event of a crash. 7x9mm rails should be plenty strong enough but was thinking more about the shell withstanding the occasional fall or hit etc. thats is a normal part of XC racing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DOUG

by DOUG

Cheers. Yeah I dont think it will be a problem but always keen to hear other people experiences. Best way to find out is to ride it I suppose! Its by far the most comfortable saddle Ive ever ridden so Im really hoping it stands up to the task.