Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all! Yes I already made the first prototype:

Weight: 62,8g (!)

It's the 130mm wide saddle and the first finished prototype. My aim was to make it <75g also if it's 142mm, and it looks good so far! Now I have to make some more prototypes and test them.

The saddle rails are hollow - in the inside there is an ALU small tube.

For the saddle there are used 31 pieces of carbon, 1 layer of hybrid carbon/innegra and 2 ALU tubes.

I'll post some more photos soon, hope you like it!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

YES!!!!!!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

That is hot and I must have it!
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That is fantastic. DO WANT!

bura

by bura

Cestitke Jure!
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

BmanX

by BmanX

Great work.

Now you just make it harder for us to decide on going with a saddle/post combo or going with a light seat post and this new saddle. What about offering a new seat post to go with this new saddle.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

berk if you don't have a girlfriend already, i can think of two (the reporter and the news anchor).

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks to all, I'm glad that you like the design!

@mike
There really isn't anything to complain about them :thumbup: but I do have a girlfriend already a few years, and she's also very pretty ;). So if anyone is looking for some nice girls, come to Slovenia, we also have great countryside for cycling :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Back to the saddle, I already made the first test ride. And I see that there is still some place to loose weight and improve comfort even a bit more! The saddle shell could be less stiff, at least for my weight I think that it could be even lighter / less reinforced saddle shell. So I'll make a new prototype with a different saddle shell layup...so I may even hit <60g!

Here just some more photos, the saddle rails that I bonded to the saddle are more or less completely rough, but I let that finish as long as it's only a prototype...as you can see it's only glued to the saddle shell, so no need to make "step 3" (additional carbon reinforcements)

Saddle shell finish and saddle rails:

On the bike:

The saddle rails are completely round, so no need for any specific clamping mechanism (like for example Fizik or Selle Italia carbon saddles). Don't see any good reason why it shouldn't be made completely round, so I made the rails completely round, and it can be used with any seatpost.

Complete bike 6,4kg as on the photo (with Garmin etc.)
Could drop some more weight with lighter bottle cages, carbon handlebar, etc.,..but I just love it like it is. Maybe I should remove the stickers from the wheelset? Well, I'll see...I have those wheels for my everyday use.

One more photo of the saddle alone, pure matte look:

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Absolutely amazing work. Will have to order one when these become available.

Looking forward to the final production model.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

just one question, will there be a rider's weight limit for the saddle?

bura

by bura

If I would have been asked for a wish, I just would say:
Please,please Jure NO LOGOS on top of the saddle like Tune,Specialized or logos like on Enve or other wheels.
Please one logo "molded into" like the new Extralite saddle or a small Berk logo onto the "bridge" .
I have been criticized for my similar "wishes" and there are still people around who think that peeling off or getting rid of manufacturers logos is the way to go but I still don't.
The consumer want's to get his choices recognized by the crowd but not with a "fist on his eye".
Therefore please an understated logo to this very good designed saddle.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

fitty4

by fitty4

I agree with bura, I like stuff that at first glance appears kind of secret. I like the idea of a berk logo on the bridge. I also like the idea of the same saddle model but with specific rider weight limits to get the best possible comfort. Your work is beautiful and we all appreciate your magnificent brain

paradawt

by paradawt

Race machine :)

Working better every day.
Berria Belador 7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin1977

by Martin1977

Very nice saddle Jure. I really like Your work. Thanks to Your combo I managed to get my bike under 5 kg.
I would like to try Your new saddle, but unfortunately I curently have more carbon saddles than bikes.

Maybe it is time to build one more bike to try Your new saddle :twisted: