Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NiFTY

by NiFTY

For side clamp you can use more. I asked berk when i got mine as i had a one bolt superlogic. Tightened to 11nm. Nil issues.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sychen

by sychen

Thanks guys, Reached out to our favorite carbon cowboy on PM and pending his response.. will post here when I get it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Installed my Lupina saddle yesterday and took it for a test ride this morning. I love it so far! I had a fizik arione versus evo first and had considerable numbing within 5 minutes on the bike. I thought it was from the cold winds and lack of insulation in the shorts. After riding this saddle for 50 minutes this morning, I can happily say that I didn't have any numbness or uncomfort at all during my ride. The saddle looks and feels great. My only concern is that, at only 70 grams, it might be fragile. I wish the prices would come down $100USD so I could buy another.

RyanH

by RyanH

@sychen it's already been covered in this thread somewhere. You can safely increase the torque since the recommended torque specs are for yoke type seatposts.

Kimmoth

by Kimmoth

HarrisonK wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 pm
Hey, the little brace across the back is totally not square...

Delorre

by Delorre

RyanH wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 am
@sychen it's already been covered in this thread somewhere. You can safely increase the torque since the recommended torque specs are for yoke type seatposts.
Be carefull, at 6nm with a 2 bolt Ritchey seatpost, I got an indent on one of the rails and a light 'crack' sound. Didn't go any further and didn't have any issues with the rail once fitted, but be warned 😉 With my last one, I kept it to 5nm. With my sworks saddles, I went to 10 or 12nm without any issues using the same seatpost, so I suspect the Berk rails, even the oval ones rated to 100kg riders, to be a lot less robust than heavier saddles. But you have to save on somthing to reach 70gr 😯

Delorre

by Delorre

HarrisonK wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 am
My only concern is that, at only 70 grams, it might be fragile.
Yours is a 3K one, should be trouble free, as opposed to the UD ones (I cracked 2, Jure confirmed there are issues with those) My replacement is a covered 3K one, and until now, no issues👍

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I thought the UD was a cosmetic layer over a normal 3k construction, which is why it weighed more.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

Delorre wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:50 pm
Yours is a 3K one, should be trouble free, as opposed to the UD ones (I cracked 2, Jure confirmed there are issues with those) My replacement is a covered 3K one, and until now, no issues👍

I have probably 15k miles between two Berk 3K Plain Matte saddles, in a variety of horrible/good/great riding conditions, over the last 18 months. Zero issues whatsoever. Both are on Pinarello GAN RS bikes. I'm ~ 63kg, FWIW.

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

JackRussellRacing wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 am
Delorre wrote:

I have probably 15k miles between two Berk 3K Plain Matte saddles, in a variety of horrible/good/great riding conditions, over the last 18 months. Zero issues whatsoever. Both are on Pinarello GAN RS bikes. I'm ~ 63kg, FWIW.
Glad to hear, thanks. Post some pictures of your bikes!

oldturd

by oldturd

JackRussellRacing wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 am
Delorre wrote:

Interesting! i think my experiences are similara to Delorres'- I had a replacement Lupina sent due to clearcoat issues with my first UD saddle, but now the replacement UD has shown signs of clear coat issues. in particular, a strange crack on the clear coat on the top of the saddle. while i will admit the bike did tip over once unfortunately (with the 'wing' of the saddle taking the impact), the top showed no signs of this crack until many days later, so it could have contributed- but am still seeing random peeling here and there (not as bad as my first one!)

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

HarrisonK wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:34 pm
Glad to hear, thanks. Post some pictures of your bikes!
Top is GAN RS with Di2 11/32 and Quarq Dzero Red. HED Ardennes wheels
Bottom is GAN RS with eTap 11/28 and Dzero Red. Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels. (Yes, I know the chain isn't in the big ring for this photo)

Broady

by Broady

Don't suppose anyone has a surplus bar/stem combo @ 42/120?

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!
First of all thanks for all the kind words and thanks for the compliments! We are giving our best, sorry that it takes longer to respond, very busy and unfortunately don't manage to check the forum as often as I would like.
If there are any problems - please just drop us an email. It is a lightweight product and as a saddle it can be hit quite often - every bike drop, transport, and of course any unexpected harder hits while on the saddle, so problems are of course possible, like for any other bike part, but we are here to help if there are any doubts or anything. We have a lot of great and happy customers and we'll give our best to keep it that way!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Berk wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:41 am
Hi to all!
First of all thanks for all the kind words and thanks for the compliments! We are giving our best, sorry that it takes longer to respond, very busy and unfortunately don't manage to check the forum as often as I would like.
If there are any problems - please just drop us an email. It is a lightweight product and as a saddle it can be hit quite often - every bike drop, transport, and of course any unexpected harder hits while on the saddle, so problems are of course possible, like for any other bike part, but we are here to help if there are any doubts or anything. We have a lot of great and happy customers and we'll give our best to keep it that way!
Thank you for this. I appreciate your customer service! Do you still make an integrated carbon handlebar/stem? I don't see it on your website.