Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi, thanks for all the kind words!!

Regarding the Lupina model - it really isn't as flat as a Toupe, hard to compare all those saddles, they really look similar, but it is hard to comment until you try it. We are working on new saddle models, we'll keep all the saddles as we already produce them, and with the new one we will start most probably already in April, the moulds are already in production and I'll update you as soon as we have a few saddles finished. We tested different prototypes, and came up with that design, this is how we imagine shorter and wider saddles - for sure something to consider for all those who prefer wider saddle nose. The properties of the saddle still remain quite similar to our Lupina, there is the same technology and know-how in that saddle shell, only a bit different shape. I'll post some photos most probably in the next few days, will give my best to update you as soon as possible!

Thanks for the repost! The integrated saddle is really something different, it isn't as comfortable as a standard railed saddle, but if you are sure in a certain saddle shape then it is no problem at all, but the feeling is really a bit more "direct", similar like riding with a flat tire :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zefs

by zefs

Thanks for making these great saddles, I just got a Lupina padded and it's awesome, the saddle disappears and you don't notice it.
The other saddle I am using is the Specialized Romin Evo which was also great but was looking to save some weight. Seems like these 2 saddles are similar in shape/characteristics although the Lupina has more width and longer rails which is nice as you can adjust it better.

Delorre

by Delorre

I've been using an unpadded Lupina saddle for almost 5000 km in less than 3 months. Has to be the most comfy saddle I've had, except the first gen toupé saddles from years and years ago.

I don't know if I ran into issues, but, as you can see from the pics of one side of the saddle (really hard to capture on camera), and the same happens on the other side, but there seems to be cracks on the exact place where the support from the rail underneath the saddle stops. I'm only 71 kg, saddle with oval rails is rated to 90 or more. And only road use, no mtb or gravel.

Not easy to see, but I can also feel the 'cracks' with my figer nail. How do I know if it's only clearcoat of structural. I don't have any weird noices and the saddle still feels the same as when new. I don't really have a spare saddle for the moment, so sending the saddle back (bought via R2-bike) and waiting for verdict is not really an option. What do you think?

Marin

by Marin

I think you should contact Berk instead of posting on a forum

Delorre

by Delorre

Marin wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:44 pm
Will do, but, berk saddles are very popular here on WW. I was wondering if I was the only with such 'issue'. We are here to share experiences, so, for me, nothing wrong with my post :wink:

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

Quick shout-out to Berk this morning on the GCN Tech Show @ 4:07), for race-number mounts. Kudos!

yinya

by yinya

Can someone advise on saddle width on the Berk saddles? Would like to try the Lupina, and have sitbone width (according to Meld) of 124mm. Which to go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Way cool to see Berk on GCN!

...and for the record, my Berk Lupina (7x9 rails, 132mm wide and UD matte) is on its second season with no visual or audible ugliness.

My only sadness is having to live with a plain black carbon support at the tail end of my Lupina. No custom painting for me. Poor me.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Just received my new Lukna yesterday. My previous Lukna was a matte look one as well but that had a smooth texture while this had quite a rough feel to it. Anyone had a rough matte finish to their saddle as well? Am wondering if it'll wear out my bibs... Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Love the bike that Berk posted on Facebook:

4.24Kg
Attachments
berk.jpg

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi to all!
Sure, no problem to share anything, we will always give our best to respond as soon as possible, and if there is any problem (you know, sh#t happens) we'll make sure to take care. So if you have any questions, doubts etc. just drop us an email.

For the matte finish - usually a brand new matte part has a bit more rough finish, and it gets a bit polished after some use.

Otherwise our weightweenies project bike is now at 4,24kg:

Last edited by Berk on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delorre

by Delorre

Delorre wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 am
Marin wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:44 pm
Will do, but, berk saddles are very popular here on WW. I was wondering if I was the only with such 'issue'. We are here to share experiences, so, for me, nothing wrong with my post :wink:
Have to say, brilliant customer service by Jure :thumbup: Warrantied without questions asked. A new one is on my way, the current one will be send back for investigation

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

Berk - Any updates on wheel development?

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

FilmAt11 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 pm
Berk - Any updates on wheel development?
I was wondering the same thing... Its been 6 months since we got a peak at proto type wheels, any updates to progress would be great! :-)
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Jure - just fitted a padded lupinA to one of my bikes, now after one in white. Can you supply one!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com